• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

piper56M

Yeah I expected it too be. Honestly I could see us waiting till after the 4th.
my recruiter originally told me that results should be out no later then end of July, and I thought she must be mistaken or mistyped but now I'm just praying we're not waiting for THAT long

csanfilippo9

MSFS? I’m loving the Top Gun: Maverick challenges haha
Yes ! It keeps me sane while this thing happens , I wish I had a little bit of a better set up, but that’s for another time. I still use a stick, throttle , and rudder pedals. But it’s super entertaining.

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
Yes ! It keeps me sane while this thing happens , I wish I had a little bit of a better set up, but that’s for another time. I still use a stick, throttle , and rudder pedals. But it’s super entertaining.
I recommend picking up a VR headset and playing VTOL VR. It is so much fun. You can get an Occulus Rift S for about 250-350 USD and as long as your computer is mediocre, you're all set.

Dboom85

Banned
I recommend picking up a VR headset and playing VTOL VR. It is so much fun. You can get an Occulus Rift S for about 250-350 USD and as long as your computer is mediocre, you're all set.
I actually strongly discourage this. If you’re a pilot and use VR it can reset your vestibular. A month ago was my first flight in about 3 months during which I was learning the F18 in dcs with a oculus quest 2. 10 minutes into my first tail wheel lesson it was like i was learning to fly all over again or I had done acrobatics (I’ve only done them once before).

GeorgeBFSU

I actually strongly discourage this. If you’re a pilot and use VR it can reset your vestibular. A month ago was my first flight in about 3 months during which I was learning the F18 in dcs with a oculus quest 2. 10 minutes into my first tail wheel lesson it was like i was learning to fly all over again or I had done acrobatics (I’ve only done them once before).

The Avenger Program utilizes a lot of VR

Dboom85

Banned

The Avenger Program utilizes a lot of VR
It’s a human factors problem with the oculus at least. Your vestibular system, inner ear with the fluid and hairs is coupled with your vision. When they are
mismatched that causes nausea and other problems.

GeorgeBFSU

It’s a human factors problem with the oculus at least. Your vestibular system, inner ear with the fluid and hairs is coupled with your vision. When they are
mismatched that causes nausea and other problems.
Maybe with the Oculus, I don’t know all the details. But the Navy is actively using VR headsets with Avengers at both Whiting and Corpus