• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Oh don’t we all know it haha. Can’t complain too much though, still get paid even if you aren’t doing anything. Stand watch once every 6 weeks or so.
Corpus wasn’t as bad so I think they’re sending more people that way currently
How often do NIFE classes start and how many SNAs are in each class?

vbts13

100? More like 500 SNAs. Took about 3 months to start NIFE. Then I’ve been in student pool since November waiting to start primary at Whiting. Might finally start in the next month or 2. At this rate I’ll be close to putting on LT when I wing. Hoping that clears up by the time you guys get down here
My buddy graduated OCS in February, told me he’s hoping to start NIFE by the end of the year. Seeing as I don’t go to OCS till next July at the earliest I’m hoping that does all get cleared up

Dboom85

Banned
That is insane. I wonder if there is a plan in work to fix the backlog. I feel like covid had something to do with it too
There's a rumor going around that the Navy is modifying the pipeline for people that want to go rotorcraft won't do training in the T6 and will just go straight to the T57

villo0692

There's a rumor going around that the Navy is modifying the pipeline for people that want to go rotorcraft won't do training in the T6 and will just go straight to the T57
No. The only reason they’re asking people if they wanna fly helos is just so they keep them in Milton for Primary, since intermediate for rotary wing is in Whiting Field….no reason for the Navy to pay so one can move to Texas just to come back

exNavyOffRec

NIFE runs pretty smoothly. Flight portion weather can back it up. But academics they usually start around 30 every week.

One of the instructors said they crammed as many pilots through the end of FY20 knowing they’d have a shortage and weren’t going to be able to pickup as many in FY21 due to budgets. I’m not sure how true that is.

Whiting I’ve heard lack of instructors and maintenance issues (part replacement) due to covid. But at this point who knows. I got my Pro-Rec almost 2 years ago and I’ve yet to get in a T6.
The numbers of SNA's and SNFO's sent to OCS were pretty consistent for years until the FY 22 numbers took a big hit.

WhiteLotus5125

Could someone link to the board results for this board? Sorry I couldn't find them

exNavyOffRec

as @FloridaDad said I'm civilian and got an age waiver.
The further over the age limit the more remote it becomes, it has only been in the past few years they allowed it, several years ago when they had an abundance of candidates the rule was hard and fast on age, so much so that if a person was in OCS and had medical hold or was rolled for another reason which would put them over the age limit they would have to redesignate or go home.

It is also important to remember that while NRC "approves" the waiver that is just to be seen at the board, the board itself can still look at the age and say "no".