• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

smpl_dude

Honestly the system response time in the tracking tests is so slow/delayed. The cursor takes a bit to respond to your movements which was the biggest difference for me between the practice sim we have on here (super snappy/responsive controls) and the real test (delayed controls that feel like you're dragging the cursor behidn where it should be.)
For me, the stick felt fine, but the throttle was like.....laughably all over the place. Definitely took a second to get used to.

csanfilippo9

It’s really just a case on case basis. This was my package to get my pro rec y.
6/7/7 ASTB score
BS in Mechanical engineering
Collegiate soccer athlete
Multiple leadership experiences
LOR from Blue angel Captain
LOR from state representative
LOR from collegiate coach
LOR from professor
LOR from employer
ZERO FLIGHT EXPERIENCE
I had a similar one minus the blue angel captain. I did not get the SNA pro rec

FloridaDad

My PBM portion was a disaster i finished it in two different days because of software issues
My audio cut out several times and the test had to be restarted. I'm haunted by the idea that without the extra stress and the single missed UVA attempt that had no audio and wasn't repeated I might have been. Just a couple points from getting an 8 instead of a 7

csanfilippo9

My audio cut out several times and the test had to be restarted. I'm haunted by the idea that without the extra stress and the single missed UVA attempt that had no audio and wasn't repeated I might have been. Just a couple points from getting an 8 instead of a 7
I had no audio period the first attempt , stressed as could be couldn’t get a portion to load. I thought it could have had some effect on if I had gotten an 8. I finished with 6/7/7 and it was my last attempt. It was a coinflip for me and I didn’t win.

exNavyOffRec

Like i said, it’s the board the puts out the informatio. Overall i agree, having flight experience likely helps. But the ASTB really isn’t that difficult, couple study hours and people shouldn’t have an issue getting 6+
That info hasn't changed in many many years and often doesn't correlate to actual selections made.

exNavyOffRec

What's yall's thoughts on flight experience to help out the application? It looks like 70% of the SNA's that were selected had flight experience.
It shows that but here is the thing, a person that has some flight time will often do better on the ASTB, if you do better on the ASTB you have a better chance of being selected, so in a way the flight experience does help but not in the way people think.

exNavyOffRec

It’s really just a case on case basis. This was my package to get my pro rec y.
6/7/7 ASTB score
BS in Mechanical engineering
Collegiate soccer athlete
Multiple leadership experiences
LOR from Blue angel Captain
LOR from state representative
LOR from collegiate coach
LOR from professor
LOR from employer
ZERO FLIGHT EXPERIENCE
I always had good luck with Engineers getting selected, they would tend to do better on the ASTB as well.

GeorgeBFSU

From what I hear, there's more than one hundred SNAs in Pensacola waiting for NIFE
100? More like 500 SNAs. Took about 3 months to start NIFE. Then I’ve been in student pool since November waiting to start primary at Whiting. Might finally start in the next month or 2. At this rate I’ll be close to putting on LT when I wing. Hoping that clears up by the time you guys get down here

Last edited:
100? More like 500 SNAs. Took about 3 months to start NIFE. Then I’ve been in student pool since November waiting to start primary at Whiting. Might finally start in the next month or 2. At this rate I’ll be close to putting on LT when I wing. Hoping that clears up by the time you guys get down here
Is it due to covid or the transition to the new NIFE?

GeorgeBFSU

Is it due to covid or the transition to the new NIFE?
NIFE runs pretty smoothly. Flight portion weather can back it up. But academics they usually start around 30 every week.

One of the instructors said they crammed as many pilots through the end of FY20 knowing they’d have a shortage and weren’t going to be able to pickup as many in FY21 due to budgets. I’m not sure how true that is.

Whiting I’ve heard lack of instructors and maintenance issues (part replacement) due to covid. But at this point who knows. I got my Pro-Rec almost 2 years ago and I’ve yet to get in a T6.

NIFE runs pretty smoothly. Flight portion weather can back it up. But academics they usually start around 30 every week.

One of the instructors said they crammed as many pilots through the end of FY20 knowing they’d have a shortage and weren’t going to be able to pickup as many in FY21 due to budgets. I’m not sure how true that is.

Whiting I’ve heard lack of instructors and maintenance issues (part replacement) due to covid. But at this point who knows. I got my Pro-Rec almost 2 years ago and I’ve yet to get in a T6.
That is insane. I wonder if there is a plan in work to fix the backlog. I feel like covid had something to do with it too

GeorgeBFSU

That is insane. I wonder if there is a plan in work to fix the backlog. I feel like covid had something to do with it too
Oh don’t we all know it haha. Can’t complain too much though, still get paid even if you aren’t doing anything. Stand watch once every 6 weeks or so.
Corpus wasn’t as bad so I think they’re sending more people that way currently