• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FloridaDad

So I just showed up for my exam and…the computer network was down this morning so the person scheduled before me is just now starting their test and I’ll have to just sit around and wait till at least noon…

Negative side, I got myself all hyped up and I’m ready to go. Not happy about being forced to wait and stew in my nerves.

Positive side, I guess I can run some flash cards? Just being careful not to mentally exhaust myself.

A bit annoyed at having my routine thrown off but that’s the navy I guess.

Fib

So I just showed up for my exam and…the computer network was down this morning so the person scheduled before me is just now starting their test and I’ll have to just sit around and wait till at least noon…

Negative side, I got myself all hyped up and I’m ready to go. Not happy about being forced to wait and stew in my nerves.

Positive side, I guess I can run some flash cards? Just being careful not to mentally exhaust myself.

Wouldn’t even stress the flash cards, go get something to eat. You’re gonna need it

Maze_soba

A light stretch/callisthenics session will help! Gets the blood flowing to your brain and you can take the jitters off too.

FloridaDad

Wouldn’t even stress the flash cards, go get something to eat. You’re gonna need it
They’re gonna buy me lunch thankfully. I’m going to keep it light though.
A light stretch/callisthenics session will help! Gets the blood flowing to your brain and you can take the jitters off too.
I’m also going to go for a walk for sure. Probably listen to a podcast.

TLC90

The tips I have for the ASTB are to bring ear plugs and to secure the HOTA joystick before starting the 2nd part.

When I took mine, a chief was berating someone at the top of his lungs for a solid hour, the entirety of the first section. I could have scored about 4-6 points higher.

The second one is to secure the joystick. Ask for alcohol wipes or anything to make sure the suction cups actually keep the damn thing in one place. It felt like a Mr. Bean moment chasing the joystick around the table while completing the assessment.

FloridaDad

The tips I have for the ASTB are to bring ear plugs and to secure the HOTA joystick before starting the 2nd part.

When I took mine, a chief was berating someone at the top of his lungs for a solid hour, the entirety of the first section. I could have scored about 4-6 points higher.

The second one is to secure the joystick. Ask for alcohol wipes or anything to make sure the suction cups actually keep the damn thing in one place. It felt like a Mr. Bean moment chasing the joystick around the table while completing the assessment.
I think the joystick they have here is taped to the table with mounting tape haha. It wouldn’t budge at all when I tried to reposition it.

BB Poison

Contributor
At the risk of confusing everyone, on the ASTB is the joystick non-inverted i.e. you push the joystick forward to chase the target upward?
If I remember correctly, it was “non-inverted” for joystick controls, i.e. you push the joystick forward to move the reticle down and vice-versa.

FloridaDad

If I remember correctly, it was “non-inverted” for joystick controls, i.e. you push the joystick forward to move the reticle down and vice-versa.
Ya Chris is right I read that wrong with tired eyes. It is push forward to go down but that is actually inverted. I said everything wrong lol