• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
Are you applying NFO as well? Due to age might be a good option… lifestyle isn’t different, fewer options outside of the military, but beats not flying IMO. The board was not kind to use older guys, although my 2.9 GPA undoubtedly contributed.
Previous board? What was your ASTB?

Islander6

Howdy everyone!

Long time AW lurker here. Finally took the ASTB and cut a 59 7-6-6.

I’ve been in the Navy for 10 years as an Aircrewman cumulating 2300 flight hours.
Crew Chief/FE NATOPS Instructor
NATOPS LPO
3.8 GPA Transportation and Logistics MGMT

Just a few details about me however, what do y’all think my chances are getting selected for preferably SNA but possible SNFO?

Cheers!

exNavyOffRec

Howdy everyone!

I’ve been in the Navy for 10 years as an Aircrewman cumulating 2300 flight hours.
NATOPS LPO

Just a few details about me however, what do y’all think my chances are getting selected for preferably SNA but possible SNFO?

Cheers!
your best shot is via the URL ISPP

McViking007

Howdy everyone!

NATOPS LPO

Cheers!
What's up man. Lurker here as well. I've also got 10 yrs in as an Aircrewman (AWRC). Your profile shows you're posting from HI. Any chance you're over at HSM-37? I'm finishing up at the FRS after a weird last tour as an instructor at NAWDC then heading to HSM-73 next. I intend to submit for this next board as well.

Scores: 56 / 7 / 7 / 8
1600 flt hrs
Seahawk WTI and Maritime ISR WTI (doubt it matters to the board but it allowed me to get some good appraisals / evals)
3.2 GPA in Business Management

Actual name is Matt McGehee. Callsign is Mouth. Any chance we know each other?

Islander6

What's up man. Lurker here as well. I've also got 10 yrs in as an Aircrewman (AWRC). Your profile shows you're posting from HI. Any chance you're over at HSM-37? I'm finishing up at the FRS after a weird last tour as an instructor at NAWDC then heading to HSM-73 next. I intend to submit for this next board as well.

Scores: 56 / 7 / 7 / 8
1600 flt hrs
Seahawk WTI and Maritime ISR WTI (doubt it matters to the board but it allowed me to get some good appraisals / evals)
3.2 GPA in Business Management

Actual name is Matt McGehee. Callsign is Mouth. Any chance we know each other?
Hey man! I'm not at 37 but been here long enough to remember when it was HSL-37 lol. I did a few years over at Hangar 5 but I'm over at Hickam now.

Your name does sounds familiar. When were you in Pensacola going through NACCS? If I remember correct I was class 1212 in January 2012.

McViking007

Hey man! I'm not at 37 but been here long enough to remember when it was HSL-37 lol. I did a few years over at Hangar 5 but I'm over at Hickam now.

Your name does sounds familiar. When were you in Pensacola going through NACCS? If I remember correct I was class 1212 in January 2012.
Interesting. I was in that very same NACCS class. Small world man. And that's sweet that you were over there near 37 for a bit. I went back to reread your comment, you've got a ton of flight hours for an H-60 bubba at 10 years and we don't typically use the FE phrase. What community were you with? VPU? And Hickam is throwing me for a loop. I'm not tracking many Navy flyers over there that aren't over at the NIOC / DIRSUP. Feel free to hit me SEPCOR to connect. No issues handing out my cell if desired.

I may be scarce on the thread here as I've got to go do some stuff in EUCOM in the coming days / weeks. We'll see what sort of connectivity and downtime I experience through all that.

davidc1220

You need to give more detail as to why they would.
I attended USMC OCS 5 years ago but was dropped from training. NRC has been telling my recruiter that they need a DD-214 from that period training. The only thing I was ever given was a drop letter from USMC OCS stating that i had been withdrawn from training. Even my old OSO stated that there was no DD-214 since i had never received any service credit

exNavyOffRec

I attended USMC OCS 5 years ago but was dropped from training. NRC has been telling my recruiter that they need a DD-214 from that period training. The only thing I was ever given was a drop letter from USMC OCS stating that i had been withdrawn from training. Even my old OSO stated that there was no DD-214 since i had never received any service credit
There is probably a dd-214 saying entry level separation on file for you, they should have provided one for you. It shouldn't be too hard for your recruiter to request a copy through the records center, but currently it could take time as they are operating at 25% staffing.

davidc1220

There is probably a dd-214 saying entry level separation on file for you, they should have provided one for you. It shouldn't be too hard for your recruiter to request a copy through the records center, but currently it could take time as they are operating at 25% staffing.
Possibly, I just want to know if they'll be able to find it before the deadline of the board, I'm going to check with him tomorrow on it