• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

GodSpeed1997

Submitted my application for NFO but I couldn't qualify for SNA due to medical. However, once I get the medical part situated, if I get denied for NFO for the May board my recruiter says I can apply for SNA in August but not NFO. Can anyone confirm this? I thought you had to have major change in GPA or something in order to reapply? Or is it because I'm only applying for NFO this board and only applying SNA for the August board?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Submitted my application for NFO but I couldn't qualify for SNA due to medical. However, once I get the medical part situated, if I get denied for NFO for the May board my recruiter says I can apply for SNA in August but not NFO. Can anyone confirm this? I thought you had to have major change in GPA or something in order to reapply? Or is it because I'm only applying for NFO this board and only applying SNA for the August board?
You don't need to have a major change to reapply, simply put, but there are stipulations on when you can reaplly.

If you don't change your application you will need to wait six months to reapply to the same designator (ie. SNA or SNFO). If you want to reapply to a subsequent board after having been non select you will need to change something to be able to do so, if you're applying for the same designator for a second time within six months.

I think the way your recruiter is working the application they're getting around the wait time by not applying to the same designator back to back, therefore they're not required to do the six month wait if you don't change your application.

You could technically still do both in August, assuming you had a major change to your application following the May board. Lately people don't have time to make significant changes since the long wait for results can eat away at the prep time for the next board.

Eximius01

Hello all, first post here! Submitted for NFO in early March after waiting since January working around problematic Meps scheduling.

ASTB: 61 8/9/8
GPA: 3.6
Degree: BS Geology
Flight Experience: None
LOR: 1 former professor and current supervisor
Waivers: None

Goodluck to everyone in May!

ksalg004

its true, its a reconsideration package if its within the 6 months from last application. you need new co endorsement, personal statement rewritten, and a reconsideration statement and any other enclosures which can be a new interview or recommendations or anything you have done that would want to add to the last application.

123abc

I spoke to my recruiter today and he has not heard of anything regarding the May board being limited to active duty folks only. As of now, the deadline to submit for this May 24 board is open to everyone and is on April 9th.
It is April 9th but try to get your packet submitted before then. I submitted my packet on the hard deadline for January and was pushed to May. I think once they get to a certain number of applicants the rest are rolled

Mouselovr

Contributor
It is April 9th but try to get your packet submitted before then. I submitted my packet on the hard deadline for January and was pushed to May. I think once they get to a certain number of applicants the rest are rolled

Under normal circumstances, people don't get rolled due to application caps. Of us who were pushed from the Jan board its because they were only considering a set number of applicants due to COVID quotas. Those who submitted first (and had their packages processed in TN on time!), were seen.

Will they cap again with this board? We don't know.
Get your packages in as soon as possible.

jacobcvm

61 8/8/8
I'm not sure if any of you have had the pleasure of going through LA MEPS, but what a HUGE difference compared to my 3 terrible trips to Sacramento. Incredibly professional and respectful the entire time. I have to stop myself from getting heated every time one of those visits to Sac comes up lol.

Has anyone else had any good experiences with their MEPS station? It feels too good to be true

PEFO Silver-Shades

I'm not sure if any of you have had the pleasure of going through LA MEPS, but what a HUGE difference compared to my 3 terrible trips to Sacramento. Incredibly professional and respectful the entire time. I have to stop myself from getting heated every time one of those visits to Sac comes up lol.

Has anyone else had any good experiences with their MEPS station? It feels too good to be true
Beckley WV was a breeze. Everything went fast and ir seems like they got the officers through first. I was greeted with Sir and was out by 12-12:30

Seemed weird considering all of the MEPS "horror" stories

Last edited:

elariosa95

SNA (NIFE 1)

St. Louis, MO was great, it was a fairly quick and painless process and there were hardly any issues. There are also several Raising Cane's locations in STL, so going there after I left that was an added bonus.

eahmed4

Beckley WV was a breeze. Everything went fast and ir seems like they got the officers through first. I was greeted with Sir and was out by 12-12:30

Seemed weird considering all of the MEPS "horror" stories
Similar to my experience at Phoenix MEPS. Everything went by with a breeze for me. Was out of there by 1230 and I was happy as hell

Ghost SWO

Contributor
St. Louis, MO was great, it was a fairly quick and painless process and there were hardly any issues. There are also several Raising Cane's locations in STL, so going there after I left that was an added bonus.
I enlisted through STL MEPS in 2015, it wasn't bad. The Raising Cane's locations must be new in the past couple years for the STL area. I ate at Raising Cane's for the first time on the Gulf Coast about six years ago, it was pretty good.

slick99

Most of the staff at Raleigh MEPS were pretty friendly, which is a lot different from what I've read about other MEPS experiences. Relatively quick process too.