• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

SBeaty

I was talking to my brother and he said something about keeping up with the recruiter for when I get my class date. I said I’ll just keep checking the forums and give her a call when y’all start posting them lol

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
Please verify. I had to change my wedding date twice because of misinformation. Trust your initial date and verify your new date.

Metromedic

Contributor
Do you know what kind of questions are asked and if you’re put on a lie detector?
A security clearance interview will come far later down the road. If they don't do it just prior to your departure, they'll do it at OCS. The interview will consist of whatever the investigator wants to know "more" about. When its your turn to interview, your agent already knows everything about you. They have soured your history, your jobs, your references, references of references of references, credit history, school history, etc. When you come in, they mostly want to confirm what they found is accurate and to see if you're going to lie or hid information. Some stuff may require additional information. The key to passing a check is just to be honest. They're going to find dirt, its their job, but its up to you not to like and show integrity.

As far as a polygraph, they are not a standard process to the investigation. Not saying that it won't happen, but it usually does not.

villo0692

idk about any of you, but I've held Secret clearances in the past, and I hold one right now (DoD) and I've never actually had to talk to an investigator....as far as I know, Polygraph is only used for TS/SCI clearances, which would happen later on after you pick a platform, and whether or not the latter requires one

Metromedic

Contributor
idk about any of you, but I've held Secret clearances in the past, and I hold one right now (DoD) and I've never actually had to talk to an investigator....as far as I know, Polygraph is only used for TS/SCI clearances, which would happen later on after you pick a platform, and whether or not the latter requires one
Secret still requires an interview. Or at least mine was scheduled when I was in the army.

villo0692

Secret still requires an interview. Or at least mine was scheduled when I was in the army.
again, I'm talking about my specific experience with both the Navy in the past and defense contractors I've worked for ever since....I currently hold one, and my clearance is good to go as far as OCS is concerned too....just saying...

Metromedic

Contributor
again, I'm talking about my specific experience with both the Navy in the past and defense contractors I've worked for ever since....I currently hold one, and my clearance is good to go as far as OCS is concerned too....just saying...
Maybe not for the repeat? I dunno lol

PEFO Silver-Shades

Do you know what kind of questions are asked and if you’re put on a lie detector?
from what i understand, only top secret/SCI requires a Lie detector test and the questions depend on the type (Counterintelligence or lifestyle) but even then it can be waved from the commanding officer

A counterintelligence polygraph will ask questions about terrorism, if your going to sell secrets
a lifestyle polygraph asks question about your past lifestyle (Drugs usage, family relationships, your mental health)

villo0692

I wonder if anyone ever answers yes to those questions...."YES, I was part of Nazi Germany from 1942-1945 even though I am 26 yrs old"....