• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Metromedic

Contributor
I didn't go as far as you did but I did call and visit two separate AF Offices in my town and both sounded like I'd be a waste of time to work with since Pilot slots were competitive. They were professional about it though but they broke it down and said most of their Pilots come from the academy and that applying as a civilian especially without a STEM degree would be nearly impossible.
Same here.
The guy I talked to was chill and respectable. He explained how I could if I really wanted to, but that the chances were extremely slim. He suggested other branches.

Now the AF 1-800 number, they blow. They refused to let me talk to anyone because I was a percent BF over their scale. Rude and condescending. The AF is extremely picky on who they let in, but are the first to whine during wartime because they don’t have many people to begin with. Smh

exNavyOffRec

I didn't go as far as you did but I did call and visit two separate AF Offices in my town and both sounded like I'd be a waste of time to work with since Pilot slots were competitive. They were professional about it though but they broke it down and said most of their Pilots come from the academy and that applying as a civilian especially without a STEM degree would be nearly impossible.

The AF officer recruiter I would see at career fairs was quite blunt to those who wanted to apply to be a pilot via OTS, he would tell them they wouldn't get one, he would go to career fairs and look for engineers and back seaters, he would tell them it was nearly impossible for a person to get a spot via OTS as those were reserved for USAFA first, and AFROTC second.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Was a poop experience and not saying it represents the AF. Just took a year to get my application together to be dropped because some O1 had a bad day, burned me the wrong way.
Did hear from them the week we got unofficial results about pilot seat availability.

NevarYalnal

Was a poop experience and not saying it represents the AF. Just took a year to get my application together to be dropped because some O1 had a bad day, burned me the wrong way.
Did hear from them the week we got unofficial results about pilot seat availability.
did you tell them you're taking your talents to Pensacola?