• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

EWS_23

Haha I know! But I figured I should enjoy the last few weeks or so being a Civilian before throwing myself back in for the next 10 years or so. I’ve always wanted to check out Zion and Yosemite National Park so I’d like to visit before being busy with school for the next 2 years. Not sure how Officer leave is different from Enlisted (in the Navy) but when I was in we had a set range we were allowed to go on our liberty. Getting proper authorization was a pain since our unit held is with strings attached wherever we went. Be nice to explore these places without being bound to the USMJ and Civilian law ?? oh and of course... the food. Gotta get my KBBQ a d Yakitori fixed in!

I’ve actually been considering taking a few months off to do just this. I think I’m gonna put in my two weeks on Wednesday and live out of my truck like a hippie till it’s time to go. Get a PlanetFitness black card and go where the road takes me.

Just scary cause it doesn’t feel real until there’s a date attached.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
I’ve actually been considering taking a few months off to do just this. I think I’m gonna put in my two weeks on Wednesday and live out of my truck like a hippie till it’s time to go. Get a PlanetFitness black card and go where the road takes me.

Just scary cause it doesn’t feel real until there’s a date attached.
Bless your bravery. I would not be able to live like that for more than 48 hours. The lack of structure would break me.

NevarYalnal

Well sheet... just completed my baseline PRT. Running is where I figured it would be... push-ups and planks definitely need work. Man I miss my college days where this crap was easy ?

46 push-ups, 1:18 planks, 10:36 mile and a half.
I’ll post it on the pt google sheet when I get to work

i'm like the reverse on push ups planks lol; can't break 40 for the life of me, but 3+ minute planks is readily achievable.

bramirez44

i'm like the reverse on push ups planks lol; can't break 40 for the life of me, but 3+ minute planks is readily achievable.
All we can do is keep going! It’ll come over time as long as we push every day. In college, I got my push-ups to 100 in a row. Every day when I woke up, I’d do 100 with breaks when needed. Then did the same like an hour or two before bed. After a month, 100 was a cake walk. That’s my plan this go around. Gotta throw in planks here and there. I know as I get stronger with push-ups, my planks will develop as well.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
All we can do is keep going! It’ll come over time as long as we push every day. In college, I got my push-ups to 100 in a row. Every day when I woke up, I’d do 100 with breaks when needed. Then did the same like an hour or two before bed. After a month, 100 was a cake walk. That’s my plan this go around. Gotta throw in planks here and there. I know as I get stronger with push-ups, my planks will develop as well.
Same with planks. You do a core workout every day you can plank forever.

Duffman

None
Contributor
If anyone would like a nice running workout to increase speed and stamina.... Today I ran 6 quarter mile sprint jogs. My goal was to keep the time around 1 minute and 30 seconds - 1 minute and 45 seconds. After I ran 3 of them kinda gave up on those times and ran the rest in under 2, it’s definitely a bit of a workout, but it’s worth it after a while. Im going to try and do this twice or three times a week.
EDIT: I also took 30-45 second breaks after every one.

Last edited:

EWS_23

Talked to my recruiter this afternoon. No updates on the timeline, but he was optimistic for late spring early summer.

More importantly, he let me know that me and at least one other officer recruit in IL were going to be started in a DEP once or twice a month to prepare us for Newport. He wasn’t sure when this would start, sounded like him and/or his boss were just trying to get it off the ground.

bramirez44

Talked to my recruiter this afternoon. No updates on the timeline, but he was optimistic for late spring early summer.

More importantly, he let me know that me and at least one other officer recruit in IL were going to be started in a DEP once or twice a month to prepare us for Newport. He wasn’t sure when this would start, sounded like him and/or his boss were just trying to get it off the ground.
Nice! That’s at least a step in the right direction.

Tracker95

Wow, She sounds like she's on top of it. Good for you.

Yeah, I'm going to visit his office again tomorrow and squeak it up.
ask to speak to the chief in charge, I did and everything from that point on was great. The Chief in charge was unaware of any issues, once he found out I was given a new recruiter who has been good. as for the other recruiter havent seen him in the office since