• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Hi all,

Was hoping for some feedback on my package and motivational statement for this board. Submitting my package to the board tomorrow.

Scores:

SNA Applicant
OAR: 61
ASTB: 8/7/8
GPA: 3.5 B.S. Business Administration

Letters of Rec: 4 Navy Captains (2 active duty, 2 retired), 1 Professor (former NFO)

Please let me know if there is anything else I should be touching on.
Check DM

mcwisconsin

Hi all,

Was hoping for some feedback on my package and motivational statement for this board. Submitting my package to the board tomorrow.

Scores:

SNA Applicant
OAR: 61
ASTB: 8/7/8
GPA: 3.5 B.S. Business Administration

Letters of Rec: 4 Navy Captains (2 active duty, 2 retired), 1 Professor (former NFO)

Please let me know if there is anything else I should be touching on.
Hey, we have the same ASTB/OAR scores. Good luck!

Last edited:

SkysTheLimit

Does anyone know if they are currently granting age waivers for non-prior service, or has anyone seen any applicants get selected who are over the age range?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Does anyone know if they are currently granting age waivers for non-prior service, or has anyone seen any applicants get selected who are over the age range?

Worth a shot maybe @exNavyOffRec would know more. If you’re AD I think it comes down to your PFT and health, TIJ…

As a civilian I’m not sure though. Ask a recruiter call them up

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
How old are we talking? I’ve seen a few get selected at the age of 32 and I actually saw someone 36 get selected which shocked me but not sure if he was AD or Civ

SkysTheLimit

How old are we talking? I’ve seen a few get selected at the age of 32 and I actually saw someone 36 get selected which shocked me but not sure if he was AD or Civ
I'm 32 as we speak with no prior service. My package is already done, so it's just a matter of submitting everything to Millington.

SkysTheLimit

Worth a shot maybe @exNavyOffRec would know more. If you’re AD I think it comes down to your PFT and health, TIJ…

As a civilian I’m not sure though. Ask a recruiter call them up
Great point about contacting a recruiter. The ONLY thing I worry about is them being "typical recruiters" and turning me away rather than actually helping me due to my age versus some 22 year old who's up and coming. That kind of stuff happens all too often :/

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Great point about contacting a recruiter. The ONLY thing I worry about is them being "typical recruiters" and turning me away rather than actually helping me due to my age versus some 22 year old who's up and coming. That kind of stuff happens all too often :/

I wouldn’t mention your age and if it does come up then say you’re a stallion for 32 and can max out the PFT and have no health problems

exNavyOffRec

I'm 32 as we speak with no prior service. My package is already done, so it's just a matter of submitting everything to Millington.
They will need to submit the waiver to get the OK for you to go to board.
If a person meets the PA they have to assist you, the age waiver criteria is "exceptional record and proven skill set" and you can't need any other waivers. The select people in limited quantities with waivers so that means you may have a harder time than others.
I wouldn’t mention your age and if it does come up then say you’re a stallion for 32 and can max out the PFT and have no health problems
They might notice the age thing on the birth certificate or on the application itself lol.