• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

gtownjake

Boa

Official schedule says Aug 21, but people on here are saying they’ll convene Aug 23. The exact day doesn’t really matter for us though.
When my birthday is the 22nd, it matters to me ?

That way I know when to mentally check out at work lol

exNavyOffRec

Boa

Official schedule says Aug 21, but people on here are saying they’ll convene Aug 23. The exact day doesn’t really matter for us though.
Boards are always listed as starting on a Monday, in most cases that is when they start, but sometimes the senior member can adjust if unavailable or if there aren't enough board members available on that day.

The bottom line is at this point no one would know if it wouldn't be starting on the 21st, at least no one that is going to be communicating with applicants.

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Here's a though for the thread: given that on the spreadsheet, there don't seem to be a lot of NFO applicants, as someone who is submitted for both, does that hurt my chances at SNA if they look at that as being able to use me to fill a NFO spot?

exNavyOffRec

Here's a though for the thread: given that on the spreadsheet, there don't seem to be a lot of NFO applicants, as someone who is submitted for both, does that hurt my chances at SNA if they look at that as being able to use me to fill a NFO spot?
Those that have put SNA and SNFO in the recent past have ended up with SNFO.

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Those that have put SNA and SNFO in the recent past have ended up with SNFO.
Then we'll see what happens on this board if I am lucky enough to get picked up. I did look back through the spreadsheets and it looks like I have a higher PFAR than the other dual applicants that got SNFO. Hopefully that works in my favor.

exNavyOffRec

Then we'll see what happens on this board if I am lucky enough to get picked up. I did look back through the spreadsheets and it looks like I have a higher PFAR than the other dual applicants that got SNFO. Hopefully that works in my favor.
you do for sure, I would have advised not putting SNFO if you wanted to be a SNA.

ahli482

I saw that for FY24 on N311's sharepoint dash that there's 24/100 spots for NFO and like 0/200ish spots for pilot. For this FY24 board, if someone applied pilot, would it just be all FY25 billets for pilot? I only applied for SNFO, but was just curious as to how they'll handle this board with 0 pilot billets to fill.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I saw that for FY24 on N311's sharepoint dash that there's 24/100 spots for NFO and like 0/200ish spots for pilot. For this FY24 board, if someone applied pilot, would it just be all FY25 billets for pilot? I only applied for SNFO, but was just curious as to how they'll handle this board with 0 pilot billets to fill.

They took 60ish pilots on the May board, you never really know!

Curious on how that was calculated considering there were about 80 taken between the past two boards. Maybe October ‘21 people moved to FY24?

SkysTheLimit

I wouldn’t mention your age and if it does come up then say you’re a stallion for 32 and can max out the PFT and have no health problems
The funny thing is, I am fully confident I would fall in the ballpark of somewhere near the top of the PFT, so that wouldn't even be a lie, haha. Thank you for the kind gesture!

SkysTheLimit

They will need to submit the waiver to get the OK for you to go to board.

If a person meets the PA they have to assist you, the age waiver criteria is "exceptional record and proven skill set" and you can't need any other waivers. The select people in limited quantities with waivers so that means you may have a harder time than others.

They might notice the age thing on the birth certificate or on the application itself lol.
They already know my age, so that cat is already out of the bag, lol. I would have had no problem telling them anyway even if they didn't. The guy I talked to sounded confident himself that we could make it all work. It made me feel a little better since you never know what kind of recruiter you're going to get.

As far as my record, it's about as exceptional as you can get I would think. I don't have any criminal history (thank God), I don't have anything wrong with me (also thank God), my recommendations are very solid, I've got a PPL with 100 hrs, and my test scores are competitive across the board. I'm not saying this to toot any horns but to your point, I would think I still have some sort of shot, slim or otherwise.

ahli482

Curious on how that was calculated considering there were about 80 taken between the past two boards. Maybe October ‘21 people moved to FY24?
I attached a jpg of the excel sheet I got that info from. Looks like i remembered wrong, 0 pilot spots for FY23, and 24 for FY23, so NFOs are way behind(?) when it comes to recruiting. Maybe someone else will know how to better read this and what we can ascertain from it.

Attachments

• fy23quotas.jpg
    fy23quotas.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 63

exNavyOffRec

They took 60ish pilots on the May board, you never really know!
The April and on boards will pick for the next FY so they would not be reflected on this document.
I attached a jpg of the excel sheet I got that info from. Looks like i remembered wrong, 0 pilot spots for FY23, and 24 for FY23, so NFOs are way behind(?) when it comes to recruiting. Maybe someone else will know how to better read this and what we can ascertain from it.
Not behind, the aim to pick about 150% of what they actually need.
I might be trippin but didn’t that dashboard show 0 remaining selects before the May board as well? And they still picked up 60+ SNAs
See my comment up above.