• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

They already know my age, so that cat is already out of the bag, lol. I would have had no problem telling them anyway even if they didn't. The guy I talked to sounded confident himself that we could make it all work. It made me feel a little better since you never know what kind of recruiter you're going to get.

As far as my record, it's about as exceptional as you can get I would think. I don't have any criminal history (thank God), I don't have anything wrong with me (also thank God), my recommendations are very solid, I've got a PPL with 100 hrs, and my test scores are competitive across the board. I'm not saying this to toot any horns but to your point, I would think I still have some sort of shot, slim or otherwise.
The thing that will get you selected are going to be your scores, since you have a waiver they may actually read your LOR's, in nearly all cases they don't as the scores are the predictor on how a person will do in the pipeline. Hours don't really mean much either, at least they know you won't get airsick lol.

Biff42

Boards are always listed as starting on a Monday, in most cases that is when they start, but sometimes the senior member can adjust if unavailable or if there aren't enough board members available on that day.

The bottom line is at this point no one would know if it wouldn't be starting on the 21st, at least no one that is going to be communicating with applicants.
Do board members get pulled from the fleet or is it folks that are already stationed in Millington?

exNavyOffRec

Do board members get pulled from the fleet or is it folks that are already stationed in Millington?
In regards to Aviation it is those already there, it is not uncommon for the same senior member to be the senior member for several boards, I have seen anywhere from 3-7 members, however those higher numbers are probably members learning about the board process. That helps keep consistency.

eranger24

Has there been any change to the OCT'23 board? I was able to get submitted for this board but was curious if the OCT board was still going to happen

gtownjake

So what’s next year look like? Probably another spring-summer-fall schedule? I’d assume the actual schedule won’t be released for a while.

gtownjake

According to this, the SNA/NFO board just convened and are selecting again? This instead of end of this month?
The 21 July date you see is the Submission Deadline (which used to be in June), and the 21 August date is the new convening date which used to be around this time. As Lighting said, everything pushed a month.