• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

eryman818

I'll tell you like I told the junior enlisted today, make the most of every opportunity. Although it isn't ISPP you still have a shot this board. If you are selected then that's great ISPP will be a thing in the past for you. If not selected, then you still get to submit ISPP immediately for the next board and its pretty much a guarantee! I say pretty much because i happened to be an exception to that statement. I will be interested to see if they renew it/make changes/ or sundown it.
I was told by LT Wilson "ISPP isn't going anywhere."
Now, I've been in the Navy for nearly a decade now. I'm experienced enough to understand that policies change at the snap of a finger and nothing is promised.

BDavis11

Contributor
Now, I've been in the Navy for nearly a decade now. I'm experienced enough to understand that policies change at the snap of a finger and nothing is promised.
I don't see it leaving personally. I think it is a great benefit for AD. I just wish it came out sooner and I had time to have a good shot before I aged out. I think it already weeds out a decent amount of applicants with the "no waivers accepted".

eryman818

I don't see it leaving personally. I think it is a great benefit for AD. I just wish it came out sooner and I had time to have a good shot before I aged out. I think it already weeds out a decent amount of applicants with the "no waivers accepted".
I agree, I don't see it going anywhere as a program. Now, it is totally reasonable to say that the specific program authorization for Pilots might be discontinued due to the high number of applicants and current manning levels within the community. While I hope not, the entire commissioning process while active duty has felt rather.... discriminatory? I often feel like active duty is at a disadvantage at times because we are enlisted. Meanwhile, there's officer recruiters out there who are literally scouting applicants from universities in their senior year and offering crazy signing bonuses. I'm not mad at those applicants, it just sucks for us sometimes.

gtownjake

While I hope not, the entire commissioning process while active duty has felt rather.... discriminatory? I often feel like active duty is at a disadvantage at times because we are enlisted. Meanwhile, there's officer recruiters out there who are literally scouting applicants from universities in their senior year and offering crazy signing bonuses.
Trust me, the grass isn’t any greener over here lol

gtownjake

there's officer recruiters out there who are literally scouting applicants from universities in their senior year and offering crazy signing bonuses. I'm not mad at those applicants, it just sucks for us sometimes.
By the way I completely get where you’re coming from, so don’t take it the wrong way. But for your peace of mind I haven’t heard anything about signing bonuses from my OR. As much as I’d like that he said they don’t do anything like that for OCS, or even student loan forgiveness..

Someone who knows more may have to chime in because that would be a topic worth discussing (I never turn down money).

eryman818

Trust me, the grass isn’t any greener over here lol
I'm sure both sides have their own unique challenges! I don't think either side is "easier" persay. However, what can be incredibly frustrating is the stigma within the enlisted community that "If you want to commission, you'll figure it out." AKA, no one is going to help you with deciphering the commissioning manuals, the formatting, putting your package together, etc. This is especially frustrating when it comes to other programs such as STA-21 where, according to the OPNAVINST 1420.1B, applicant's should not and will not see part 2 of their package (essentially the bulk of the package that includes the appraisals, endorsements, etc.). This is to ensure that packages are as unbiased as possible. In reality, I've never met a single applicant who had their chain of command create their package like the instruction states. Civilians on the other hand, have a unique advantage that you are able to seek out multiple branches of the military and find a recruiter who is willing to put in just as much work as you are to get you in.

gtownjake

on the other hand, have a unique advantage that you are able to seek out multiple branches of the military and find a recruiter who is willing to put in just as much work as you are to get you in.
Yeah dude I completely agree there, I see enough horror stories of AD folks assembling a package and running into troubles. Maybe it’s a little foreshadowing for us Civilians ?

eryman818

Yeah dude I completely agree there, I see enough horror stories of AD folks assembling a package and running into troubles. Maybe it’s a little foreshadowing for us Civilians ?
Fortunately it's not like this EVERYWHERE. I have met plenty of mustangs who have been empathetic and can see the hard work I have put into making this a reality. They have offered mentorship, networking, and opened doors for me to get interviews I need. The only thing I can do is ensure I pay it forward someday if I have the opportunity and become the change I want to see within the Navy. We all have a limited amount of time to make an impact within this organization, but that impact can mean the world to an individual Sailor.

ahli482

Fortunately it's not like this EVERYWHERE. I have met plenty of mustangs who have been empathetic and can see the hard work I have put into making this a reality. They have offered mentorship, networking, and opened doors for me to get interviews I need. The only thing I can do is ensure I pay it forward someday if I have the opportunity and become the change I want to see within the Navy. We all have a limited amount of time to make an impact within this organization, but that impact can mean the world to an individual Sailor.
Sorta in a similar boat, I've been in 2 years and still an E-3. Started my application in March of 23 as ISPP and intended to submit it as such for the Oct board, but my first flag didn't have enough time to endorse with the canceled board. Ended up just submitting regular OCS on this board.

alnkndriks

SNA (NIFE II)
FYSA, find below an email I received from Admiral Waters' office. Yes, things can change, but I think this email is the closest to confirmation on the extension of ISPP.

Good afternoon,

I’ve been asked to respond to your query regarding the PA100F status. I have spoken with the Officer Programs Division here at Navy Recruiting Command regarding this program. I understand that they will be continuing the program and that an update is forthcoming. Please keep an eye out for a NAVADMIN to be released prior to the expiration date of the current program authorization.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.
V/r,
LCDR
Director of Public Affairs
Commander Navy Recruiting Command
5722 Integrity Drive, Bldg. 784
Millington, TN 38054

Biff42

FYSA, find below an email I received from Admiral Waters' office. Yes, things can change, but I think this email is the closest to confirmation on the extension of ISPP.

Good afternoon,

I’ve been asked to respond to your query regarding the PA100F status. I have spoken with the Officer Programs Division here at Navy Recruiting Command regarding this program. I understand that they will be continuing the program and that an update is forthcoming. Please keep an eye out for a NAVADMIN to be released prior to the expiration date of the current program authorization.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.
V/r,
LCDR
Director of Public Affairs
Commander Navy Recruiting Command
5722 Integrity Drive, Bldg. 784
Millington, TN 38054
Hopefully they take age waivers ?

alnkndriks

SNA (NIFE II)
Hopefully, they take age waivers ?
I was selected, and my OCS date said "FY24". They had to of known I was 31 when they decided. With that being said, I asked to leave ASAP and somehow managed to get into the 02-24 class starting Aug 13th, which has me set to graduate six days before my 32nd birthday.

Just so you know, I received my ISPP endorsement AFTER I submitted my package. About a week after the submission deadline, I messaged Paul asking him to please include my endorsement with my package as a "supporting document" or something to that effect. It worked out.

I think there may be some grace given with age considerations