• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

gtownjake

Anyone on here/ in the July board still finishing up school? I really hope it doesn't weigh negatively for my chances.

mcwisconsin

Anyone on here/ in the July board still finishing up school? I really hope it doesn't weigh negatively for my chances.
When I applied for my first board (OCT 2022) and got a pro-rec no, my recruiter told me that part of the reason was likely that I wasn't graduating until the following May. Was she right? Honestly no idea. I just think that the October board was a tough one, and that the odds were against most of us.

gtownjake

When I applied for my first board (OCT 2022) and got a pro-rec no, my recruiter told me that part of the reason was likely that I wasn't graduating until the following May.
Hoping it’s not the case. You would think with the longer OCS wait times they wouldn’t care either way, but if that’s one of their means of filtering candidates, so be it.

exNavyOffRec

When I applied for my first board (OCT 2022) and got a pro-rec no, my recruiter told me that part of the reason was likely that I wasn't graduating until the following May. Was she right? Honestly no idea. I just think that the October board was a tough one, and that the odds were against most of us.
That is very possible as for the longest time the rule was you had to be within 6 months of graduation, then they moved to 12 months, then it seems to be more of a guideline of less than 6 months.

gtownjake

That is very possible as for the longest time the rule was you had to be within 6 months of graduation, then they moved to 12 months, then it seems to be more of a guideline of less than 6 months.
Obviously kind of a grey area here, but do you think they prefer those within 6 months of graduation over someone just inside that 12 month window? Scores and everything aside, I was about 10 months out on my first app, and now only around 4 (December).

exNavyOffRec

Obviously kind of a grey area here, but do you think they prefer those within 6 months of graduation over someone just inside that 12 month window? Scores and everything aside, I was about 10 months out on my first app, and now only around 4 (December).
I would say so as a person under 6 months is less of a risk than a person close to 12 months, if you are under 6 months odds are you will graduate on time, if close to 12 something could happen and delay, I have seen it happen several times.

eryman818

Active duty have access they usually confirm if your names on it. Or your recruiter can…
Only certain active duty have access, it’s not fleet-wide access. Do we know who on here has access and can confirm names once the list is released? I’d like to verify my name is on there once it’s released.