• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

FlyingGamecock

I've had my Amex Platinum for years, it's one of the best Active Duty perks
Yes sir. Just recently got two lower tier chase cards to upgrade to the CSR once I’m in the Navy. Definitely plan on getting a few Amex cards once I’m in.

If anyone is like wtf is this nerd talking about, I highly recommend listening to the Military Money Manual podcast. Just start at the beginning and listen forward. Absolute gold in there if you’re new to personal finance

mcwisconsin

Yes sir. Just recently got two lower tier chase cards to upgrade to the CSR once I’m in the Navy. Definitely plan on getting a few Amex cards once I’m in.

If anyone is like wtf is this nerd talking about, I highly recommend listening to the Military Money Manual podcast. Just start at the beginning and listen forward. Absolute gold in there if you’re new to personal finance
I wouldn’t upgrade/product change to the CSR. you’d be missing out on that signup bonus. Keeping the CFU, CFF, and a sapphire card is a good lineup though. That’s what I’m using right now. I think I’m done churning for the foreseeable future, but the venture X does look promising.

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
Anyone into credit card churning? Honestly one of the big things I’m excited for once I join the military are the annual fees being waived on credit cards. Finna be stacking points and benefits
Not all companies will waive annual fees and such. The SCRA mostly covers accounts prior to military service. There are various state laws out there that can also affect policies.

FlyingGamecock

I wouldn’t upgrade/product change to the CSR. you’d be missing out on that signup bonus. Keeping the CFU, CFF, and a sapphire card is a good lineup though. That’s what I’m using right now. I think I’m done churning for the foreseeable future, but the venture X does look promising.
Yeah definitely gonna wait to get the sign up bonus then upgrade the cards once I already have a CSR.

Does the Venture X waive the fee when you get the card while AD? I thought I’ve seen that you need to get the card before you join, then they’ll waive the fee once you’re AD under SCRA

exNavyOffRec

May board numbers seem pretty good as compared to previous boards and other threads make it seem like the flight school back up is slowly improving. I'm hoping for May numbers or better but perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic.
The delay in flight school is a separate issue, they need to commission X amount per FY, you might sit around for months but the YG numbers would still be where they want them.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seemed like the fall boards in 2022 board were peak low selections. So hopefully May started an upward trend for selections. And with less people on this board I could see it being somewhat similar to May results (but hopefully better). This is all on a hunch.
The divide evenly over the boards for the goal, there are a few minor changes that can happen such as if a board underselects, but the goal is to have consistent numbers when they can.

exNavyOffRec

I don't like this layout, but the goal is how many they need to have Pro Y for the FY but remember they always go over what they really need, that is why when you look at shipped and need to ship those equal 321 which is what you see under "goal" so you can see the Pro Y goal is about 140% of shipping goal. There are 248 left to ship in FY24, if I am remembering the terminology correctly as some of this looks a bit different than the layout I am used to, the ones waiting to go to OCS would be Pro Y, booked, need to book and not booked which total 327, which may or may not include this board as it depends when this was updated. When the numbers come out from this recent board you can confirm one way or another. There are still a lot of people waiting to go to OCS for FY 24 considering where we are sitting in the year.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access

Funny you should mention that because I've actually been on a personal finance binge recently. I had no idea some cards waive annual fees for military members. In that case, Amex and Gold and Platinum will be easy no brainers.

FlyingGamecock

Funny you should mention that because I've actually been on a personal finance binge recently. I had no idea some cards waive annual fees for military members. In that case, Amex and Gold and Platinum will be easy no brainers.
Yes sir, no reason not to get those. Then after a year, you can upgrade your gold to another platinum, then apply for another gold. Rinse and repeat until you have a ton of platinum cards and then you have a crazy amount of benefits to use monthly/yearly. Like the Uber, hotel, airline credits, etc.

No rule against having 10 Amex platinums giving you 150 bucks in Uber eats credits a month