• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

If this board gets pushed back will the deadline to submit be pushed as well? It will be nice to get some solid information ASAP, otherwise a lot of us are SOL until the 30 Oct board at least.
That’s what my recruiter told me. We have already scheduled my retaking of the ASTB, to improve my scores, at the the end of June. I will also be working on updating forms and adding a couple LORs to have in by the first week of July.

BDavis11

Contributor
Wasn't there the one dude who was 34 on the October board and applied ISPP and was picked up. Shit is just weird how stuff works
Yea. I don’t think he was processed ispp he just thought he was…only nrc knows at this point

alnkndriks

SNA (NIFE II)
Wasn't there the one dude who was 34 on the October board and applied ISPP and was picked up. Shit is just weird how stuff works
I’m 31. Got selected for Pilot with ISPP. My potential OCS date just shows as FY24. I’m thinking that they respected my “submitting before max age” intent. They also might just not care too much for age since I’ll be 32 in November. And by “non-waiverable”, they might mainly focus on ARIs, medical waivers, and legal matters (foreign family idk)

I also listed 1.SNA 2.SNFO with fairly average scores. Perhaps this go around they took some consideration into the total package. Experience, background, supporting docs, etc.

Biff42

I’m 31. Got selected for Pilot with ISPP. My potential OCS date just shows as FY24. I’m thinking that they respected my “submitting before max age” intent. They also might just not care too much for age since I’ll be 32 in November. And by “non-waiverable”, they might mainly focus on ARIs, medical waivers, and legal matters (foreign family idk)

I also listed 1.SNA 2.SNFO with fairly average scores. Perhaps this go around they took some consideration into the total package. Experience, background, supporting docs, etc.
I hope dude. my scores are average at best 6/6/6, and iam 32. Rest of my package is solid as hell, so idk. I feel they prob just read the scores??

gtownjake

I still find it hard to believe scores were the lead factor here, the selections were all across the board. At this point I feel like they just draw from a hat lol

alnkndriks

SNA (NIFE II)
I hope dude. my scores are average at best 6/6/6, and iam 32. Rest of my package is solid as hell, so idk. I feel they prob just read the scores??
I have no clue. I prepared myself to accept an SNFO spot. However, 2000 operational helicopter crewman hours and about 120 NSW Group 1 - 4 Drone part 107 experience might be the reason I lucked out with an SNA slot. Perhaps they actually dig into ISPP packages more than the others to see what they stand to gain with lower scores.

Being in the pool with all those fancy engineering degrees and ASTB strong candidates makes it harder to standout. I'm regretful you weren't able to use the ISPP process. I'm sure your own background and experience could've gave you an opportunity to stand out.

Biff42

Just want to say here that I was also told that the board got pushed to August.
I wonder why they would push it back a month? The schedule has been set for some time, but the Navy will do what the Navy does ??‍♀️

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec would know more but that’s what I’ve read in the past. Which would make sense because getting a flag endorsement is not easy. To be ISPP you need it I’m pretty sure, if you don’t have it then you’re thrown into the civilian pile
The path is a bit different, you have to choose ISPP or not, if you go down the ISPP path and the flag won't endorse you the I doubt the command would let you send of an application for the standard method.

ISPP just needs to meet the minimums nothing more and it is essentially an auto-select.

Edit: minimums in the PA

exNavyOffRec

If a person is submitted ISPP by the command and doesn't meet the PA they are just moved into the normal process, this is a case of NRC not wanting to penalize an applicant due to the command not be able to follow the ISPP PA.

exNavyOffRec

I still find it hard to believe scores were the lead factor here, the selections were all across the board. At this point I feel like they just draw from a hat lol
Years of data shows that is the case, nothing is perfect, but when you look overall year after year scores are the number one driver, also SNFO tends to trend with lower scores than SNA.

A low GPA can sink a person no matter the ASTB, some people have waivers that sink them.

The best thing a person can do is go by the years of data, unless your are AD then just apply for ISPP.