• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

gtownjake

Has this been reflected on an updated board schedule? What’s the consensus on this board being somewhat “normal”?

BDavis11

Contributor
From Paul?
No. But a good source none the less. The deadline is to be pushed to the 21 or 22nd of July. Which we can all do the math and guesstimate the day of the board in august. It is being pushed because the boards are too close together. Also, importance of things being looked at is like most people have been telling ASTB, GPA, then everything else. The low selection will be carrying for the next couple of boards. Pretty much got confirmation on things that have been speculated on here.

No. But a good source none the less. The deadline is to be pushed to the 21 or 22nd of July. Which we can all do the math and guesstimate the day of the board in august. It is being pushed because the boards are too close together. Also, importance of things being looked at is like most people have been telling ASTB, GPA, then everything else. The low selection will be carrying for the next couple of boards. Pretty much got confirmation on things that have been speculated on here.
So I was listed as a non-select for the May Board, would I be eligible to apply to this board? Additionally, would it be more recommended to submit a reconsideration? I did not apply to the ISPP program, which I learned about today, would that be grounds for reconsideration?

Currently AD 12 year Aircrewman
BS Accounting BS Finance
GPA 3.40
ASTB 49 5/7/5
SNA
Do have flight experience

BDavis11

Contributor
So I was listed as a non-select for the May Board, would I be eligible to apply to this board? Additionally, would it be more recommended to submit a reconsideration? I did not apply to the ISPP program, which I learned about today, would that be grounds for reconsideration?

Currently AD 12 year Aircrewman
BS Accounting BS Finance
GPA 3.40
ASTB 49 5/7/5
SNA
Do have flight experience
Brother listen to me! Take the time to go ISPP if your age allows. Technically it’s a different route to applying to ocs but I’m not an expert so I can’t tell you for sure. Paul or @exNavyOffRec would be a better source. Otherwise unless you have a major change to your package (which u can search what that would be on here) you would have to wait the 6 months. But I would get that flag endorsement and go ISPP asap

Brother listen to me! Take the time to go ISPP if your age allows. Technically it’s a different route to applying to ocs but I’m not an expert so I can’t tell you for sure. Paul or @exNavyOffRec would be a better source. Otherwise unless you have a major change to your package (which u can search what that would be on here) you would have to wait the 6 months. But I would get that flag endorsement and go ISPP asap
I was thinking about retaking my ASTB, I have only taken it once, so if nothing else that could be justification for reconsideration I would imagine. The next board would be 15 Sep 2023 due date. This is my 3rd submission and age is becoming a concern. I'm 30 right now, and my birthday is in February, the cut-off age is commissioned by your 32nd birthday. I assume it would help my package that I was already medically cleared by BUMED for "all flights including the control of aircraft"

Biff42

It is what is is. Just so Navy to change it knowing that they had published the schedule knowing the board dates were so close. Wonder if the same will happen to the October board since the now August board results will be so close to that deadline??‍♀️??‍♀️

BDavis11

Contributor
I was thinking about retaking my ASTB, I have only taken it once, so if nothing else that could be justification for reconsideration I would imagine. The next board would be 15 Sep 2023 due date. This is my 3rd submission and age is becoming a concern. I'm 30 right now, and my birthday is in February, the cut-off age is commissioned by your 32nd birthday. I assume it would help my package that I was already medically cleared by BUMED for "all flights including the control of aircraft"
You are golden for ISPP it’s easy. But yes astb would be a reason for consideration as long as you improve. I only have one attempt left so I don’t want to exhaust that just yet. I turn 32 next week ??‍♂️…ISPP is a blessing from the navy gods that I wish came out sooner