• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Welp, May board didn’t work out… lowkey was a shining example of scores and GPA not being the main focus as previously mentioned. I may just be a sore loser rn lol.

On another note, I had a NFO buddy tell me to try to retake just my OAR and keep my ASTB scores.. is this possible? Or would taking an OAR only completely nullify my overall score?
Aviation doesn't care about OAR, truthfully no OCS board really does as it just is there to get you in the door, NRC can change the min OAR as needed to reduce or increase the applicant pool.

To the more important point you cannot just take the OAR, if you were to do that it would void your ASTB scores and then you would need to do the ASTB within 30 days (might be off on the days).

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Wasn't there the one dude who was 34 on the October board and applied ISPP and was picked up. Shit is just weird how stuff works

37 year old rescue swimmer SNA select about a year and a half ago is the oldest I’ve heard of! There’s an EOD around here too I’ve spoken to who’s in NIFE! Wont get much into detail for him but he had some sick NSW background!

CraftyBeech

ProRec Y - SNA
Anyone else URLO ISPP eligible for this round??
having difficulties getting straight answers from the *program coordinator* on submitting... very frustrating.

CraftyBeech

ProRec Y - SNA
What is your question/s? It’s cut and dry in terms of eligibility.
I'm eligible and have all of my papers together.
When I talked to my CO he had no clue about the program and asked me to come back later for an endorsement..
I emailed the POC listed on the NAVADMIN and was redirected to Mr. Celestin (which as I understand does OCS processing for AD) who said to submit everything through him.. but the PA says it goes CO->region (admiral)->NRC->BUPERS31..

Just looking for an explanation on the submission process

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm eligible and have all of my papers together.
When I talked to my CO he had no clue about the program and asked me to come back later for an endorsement..
I emailed the POC listed on the NAVADMIN and was redirected to Mr. Celestin (which as I understand does OCS processing for AD) who said to submit everything through him.. but the PA says it goes CO->region (admiral)->NRC->BUPERS31..

Just looking for an explanation on the submission process

He probably meant submit the package that has the flag endorsement to him.

alnkndriks

SNA (NIFE II)
yeah, I thought so too but I don't think I get it back once it goes to region for endorsement, at least that's how the PA reads but of course could be different
Technically the package continues past your skipper. Think of it as not fully routed. It goes to the first flag officer in your COC. It’s SUPPOSED to then be sent from your flag officers admin to NRC/Celestin. Rather, my package was sent back to me with the flag endorsement (signed document/memo/whatever he chooses to generate)

I then sent the entire package to NRC on my own CLEARLY stating “hey, this is an ISPP package.” I also mentioned that “I’m unsure if it was routed properly so at least consider this a regular submission” or something to that affect

gtownjake

The deadline for this board being just over a week out is definitely sketching me out considering the rumors it could be moved. I’d really like to try to make it on this board.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I saw my recruiter yesterday and he wants everything submitted by the end of this week still. He has not been made aware of that.

He said even if they do push it to August he doesn’t know the date or even if they will push back the date to submit, that’s why he wants everything in this week. The board will sometimes only look at a certain number of packets so he never waits until the deadline

mcwisconsin

My recruiter just let me know that this board is being pushed back a month.
Honestly not too bummed - I'm starting my first "real" job after college in a few weeks, so I'll have that to keep my mind off of things.