• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Sauceboss313

ProRec-Y SNA Aug 13th 2023
It’s crazy to think my kit already has a rubber stamp on it. Someone sat there and thought about what I had on it.

exNavyOffRec

It’s crazy to think my kit already has a rubber stamp on it. Someone sat there and thought about what I had on it.
I probably spend more time looking at the menu when I am at a restaurant, they go fast.
There’s no way they went through 300+ applications in that short amount of time right? Why does it take so long from them finishing and stamping to notifying everyone?
It is a quick look at key things, mainly ASTB. The board technically isn't done until it is signed by the senior member and the OCS dates are in there, but the Y or N is decided in a day or two. The funny thing is depending who types up the selection list depends on what dates get listed for the board, some will put when the Y/N is received from the board, other times the date the list is sent back for signature is put.

BDavis11

Contributor
There’s no way they went through 300+ applications in that short amount of time right? Why does it take so long from them finishing and stamping to notifying everyone?
If you take a 8 hour work day. Let’s say 7 for the hour lunch break. They normally average 2-3 minutes per. I ain’t no mathematician but easily can be done in one day

exNavyOffRec

The May board took 3 days and it had 50+ less applicants.
Not all of that time is reviewing, it also includes organizing the names and other admin items, prior to sending back to NRC and again they don't necessarily spend all day doing this. The CEC accessions officers I knew would spend only 3-4 hours a day as they had other duties to take care of. The "dates" they may or may not put on the selection list can be the date started with the end date being when NRC sends it for the senior member to sign, or it could be when it is received back, or anything in between. In any circumstance it is know aviation is fast per application as they look only at a few items, while others like Supply are slow per application as they look at everything.