• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

The May board took 3 days and it had 50+ less applicants.
Here is a good example for Aviation and SWO boards. Prior OCS dates being attached and N3M letters the board would meet on Monday and the recruiters would often have in hand the signed results Thursday am, the board would meet Monday to review 300+ applications, by Tuesday selection would be back at NRC, they would make sure no one selected already picked another designator, they type up the list for review by the Director on Wednesday who would get it signed and it would be released Thursday.

TheManInTheBox99

Here is a good example for Aviation and SWO boards. Prior OCS dates being attached and N3M letters the board would meet on Monday and the recruiters would often have in hand the signed results Thursday am, the board would meet Monday to review 300+ applications, by Tuesday selection would be back at NRC, they would make sure no one selected already picked another designator, they type up the list for review by the Director on Wednesday who would get it signed and it would be released Thursday.
N3M is the medical paperwork correct? Is the N3M letter you are referring to the pre-commission medical certificate paperwork we got done at MEPs? Or is there more “behind the scenes” paperwork that gets filled out once our OR submits our pre-com physical and medical paperwork to N3M?

exNavyOffRec

N3M is the medical paperwork correct? Is the N3M letter you are referring to the pre-commission medical certificate paperwork we got done at MEPs? Or is there more “behind the scenes” paperwork that gets filled out once our OR submits our pre-com physical and medical paperwork to N3M?
N3M is the medical arm of NRC, in order to go to board you have to have a PQ letter from them. If things go smooth you will have no idea your info was submitted and you were PQ.

FloridaDad

Clocking in for another day at Disney. Normally I feel totally at peace and fine with the waiting for results, but when I have to show up for this job I get a little panicky because I start to feel trapped when I think about the possibility of not getting picked up and being stuck here. Hoping for a quick turn around so I can stop thinking about it and just know.

TheManInTheBox99

N3M is the medical arm of NRC, in order to go to board you have to have a PQ letter from them. If things go smooth you will have no idea your info was submitted and you were PQ.
Gotcha. I didn’t go to meps and instead went through Fisher Medical Center at Great Lakes. My OR was keeping me updated on submitting and receiving approval on my medical paperwork by N3M. Thanks for the info!

nefalexa

Clocking in for another day at Disney. Normally I feel totally at peace and fine with the waiting for results, but when I have to show up for this job I get a little panicky because I start to feel trapped when I think about the possibility of not getting picked up and being stuck here. Hoping for a quick turn around so I can stop thinking about it and just know.
this is very relatable. even thinking about the possibility of having to apply for the April board is suckish. Like yes all med and exam stuff is already sorted out but like my mind, body, and soul are fully ready to serve and start this new chapter. I like my job and it's not stressful at all, but I know it's not for me and I feel like my mind is rotting away amidst minimal amount of work I have to do on a day-to-day basis.

D

Deleted member 88965

I got approved by NRC for pilot somehow, but after looking at the eyesight recs there is no way I make it through the NAMI check-up (20/240 uncorrected.) And since I'm at board I think I'll dq myself if I get eye surgery between getting a pro-Y and shipping, Lol I'm fucked

Sauceboss313

ProRec-Y SNA Aug 13th 2023
I got approved by NRC for pilot somehow, but after looking at the eyesight recs there is no way I make it through the NAMI check-up (20/240 uncorrected.) And since I'm at board I think I'll dq myself if I get eye surgery between getting a pro-Y and shipping, Lol I'm fucked
I’d like to tell a story that might give light on this. Met a fellow who flew the F-14 for VF-32 though the 70s and 80s. This gentleman passed with 20/20 in one eye but gradually degraded over his career. Navy medical simply prescribed him a pair of glasses to wear during CASE III recovery to the boat in order to see the meatball. TL;DR: I’m sure they’ll find a way to keep you because your already in.

Last edited:

FloridaDad

this is very relatable. even thinking about the possibility of having to apply for the April board is suckish. Like yes all med and exam stuff is already sorted out but like my mind, body, and soul are fully ready to serve and start this new chapter. I like my job and it's not stressful at all, but I know it's not for me and I feel like my mind is rotting away amidst minimal amount of work I have to do on a day-to-day basis.
It's always interesting the way you feel when you do something you feel like you're supposed to be doing then go back to "real life" and clock in at a job you get no joy from. I know it sounds cheesy but I was at the Renaissance Faire yesterday with my family and some friends. A friend that I have done sword fighting and historical European martial arts with for years pitched in and helped me finally buy my first helmet, the first massive step for me to get into armored fighting. It's something I love and a community I feel at home in. It's weird to take the day off and do something like that and then go back to your desk job. I look forward to having a "job" someday that fills me with purpose rather than just pays the bills.

TheManInTheBox99

It's always interesting the way you feel when you do something you feel like you're supposed to be doing then go back to "real life" and clock in at a job you get no joy from. I know it sounds cheesy but I was at the Renaissance Faire yesterday with my family and some friends. A friend that I have done sword fighting and historical European martial arts with for years pitched in and helped me finally buy my first helmet, the first massive step for me to get into armored fighting. It's something I love and a community I feel at home in. It's weird to take the day off and do something like that and then go back to your desk job. I look forward to having a "job" someday that fills me with purpose rather than just pays the bills.
That sounds awesome! But don’t get hurt before OCS! I’ve been trying to ween the intensity of my boxing sparring to avoid serious injury before OCS

FloridaDad

That sounds awesome! But don’t get hurt before OCS! I’ve been trying to ween the intensity of my boxing sparring to avoid serious injury before OCS
Trust me it's on my mind! There's a reason I have an experienced friend helping me with gear acquisition, and a reason I'm not throwing myself into certain (awesome) fighting rule sets that carry higher injury risk. For example, no submission fighting for me (keep fighting till someone hits the ground or taps out). Just touch/point fighting for me.

TheManInTheBox99

Trust me it's on my mind! There's a reason I have an experienced friend helping me with gear acquisition, and a reason I'm not throwing myself into certain (awesome) fighting rule sets that carry higher injury risk. For example, no submission fighting for me (keep fighting till someone hits the ground or taps out). Just touch/point fighting for me.
Nice!! Sounds like tons of fun!

exNavyOffRec

Gotcha. I didn’t go to meps and instead went through Fisher Medical Center at Great Lakes. My OR was keeping me updated on submitting and receiving approval on my medical paperwork by N3M. Thanks for the info!
Whether via MEPS or any other facility it still goes to N3M, the journey is different but the destination is the same.

exNavyOffRec

Someone messed up on that one, they could figure that out after the board is done when they do the QA check but I wouldn't bet on it. If you get surgery with the long delay you might get away with one but would need to have the documents reviewed by N3M. You have unusual circumstance at an unusual time.
I’d like to tell a story that might give light on this. Met a fellow who flew the F-14 for VF-32 though the 70s and 80s. This gentleman passed with 20/20 in one eye but gradually degraded over his career. Navy medical simply prescribed him a pair of glasses to wear during CASE III recovery to the boat in order to see the meatball. TL;DR: I’m sure they’ll find a way to keep you because your already in.
Unless he gets surgery they will cut him loose, when it comes to new accessions the "if they want you they will find a way to keep you" doesn't apply as new accessions are a dime a dozen.

A winged and fully qualified aviator has a lot of money and time invested, so they will in some circumstances be able to make accommodations