• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Mouselovr

Contributor
finished college that spring and I didn’t even get a graduation. They read our names off on a youtube livestream over a year after we were supposed to have had our commencement.
2020 grad here as well. They canceled ours and then did a "make up grad" in 2022. It was lazily thrown together and felt more like a "give us your money" ploy. I couldn't go cause I was on OHARP orders on the other side of the country.

I can confirm that OCS grad is way cooler than a traditional college graduation.

68Chev

2020 grad here as well. They canceled ours and then did a "make up grad" in 2022. It was lazily thrown together and felt more like a "give us your money" ploy. I couldn't go cause I was on OHARP orders on the other side of the country surfing instead, lol.

I can confirm that OCS grad is way cooler than a traditional college graduation.
The year before me that graduated at farmingdale state college got a full outdoor ceremony with a blue angels fly by. Talk about lucky. And my second job is directly, I directly on the end of the path of the takeoff and landing runway for them during the Bethpage airshow so they fly maybe 50 ft from the roof.

And to add even more history onto that, that same airport is where Fairchild Republic was based, building the A-10. Also to add even more coolness, there's a Warbird Museum at the airport. They've got DC-3, P-51, Waco-Biplane, and countless others. THAT ALL FLY.

I've got more cool facts if anyone wants to hear.

Austinson

SNA Selected 08 Sept. - 3rd Submission
The year before me that graduated at farmingdale state college got a full outdoor ceremony with a blue angels fly by. Talk about lucky. And my second job is directly, I directly on the end of the path of the takeoff and landing runway for them during the Bethpage airshow so they fly maybe 50 ft from the roof.

And to add even more history onto that, that same airport is where Fairchild Republic was based, building the A-10. Also to add even more coolness, there's a Warbird Museum at the airport. They've got DC-3, P-51, Waco-Biplane, and countless others. THAT ALL FLY.

I've got more cool facts if anyone wants to hear.
Not at all related to graduation stuff; In your profile pic... is that an LS I see in there?

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
2020 grad here as well. They canceled ours and then did a "make up grad" in 2022. It was lazily thrown together and felt more like a "give us your money" ploy. I couldn't go cause I was on OHARP orders on the other side of the country.

I was hoping to graduate OCS in 2020 as well but that didn’t work out lmao. I hope when I graduate from OCS in 2024 I’ll get what I was looking for.

68Chev

Not at all related to graduation stuff; In your profile pic... is that an LS I see in there?
Yes sir. Junkyard 6.0 LS. That picture was the morning I finished it with a buddy. Just loaded up the base tune and open headers trying to drive it down the street at 5 am. Funny thing was my buddy was watching the screen to see if I had oil pressure and my main focus was learning how to drive stick lmfao.