• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Austinson

SNA Selected 08 Sept. - 3rd Submission
Yes sir. Junkyard 6.0 LS. That picture was the morning I finished it with a buddy. Just loaded up the base tune and open headers trying to drive it down the street at 5 am. Funny thing was my buddy was watching the screen to see if I had oil pressure and my main focus was learning how to drive stick lmfao.
Hold up... You didn't know how to drive manual yet? So the solution was to LS swap and learn that way?? What trans? I love everything about that. Are there any plans for running boost?
I have an 84 K20 with an SBC that I blew the rings out of (10/10 don't recommend $50 wastegates that inevitably fail and overboost). I'm in the process of having a 6.0 stroked to a 408 (ready for a billet 80mm single turbo) to replace the Smallblock 350.

Skylanepilot1981

Fun fact my recruiter called me today and I thought “this is it! I am about be realized from the pain of not knowing!”. Turns out he just wanted to let me know that the NRC sent out an email seeing if there were any SNAs that wanted to leave for OCS earlier. He was sharing that with me because of the backlog issue and there is still hope to leave for OCS in a somewhat timely manner if selected.

68Chev

Hold up... You didn't know how to drive manual yet? So the solution was to LS swap and learn that way?? What trans? I love everything about that. Are there any plans for running boost?
I have an 84 K20 with an SBC that I blew the rings out of (10/10 don't recommend $50 wastegates that inevitably fail and overboost). I'm in the process of having a 6.0 stroked to a 408 (ready for a billet 80mm single turbo) to replace the Smallblock 350.
Yeah, I wanted to learn stick so I bought my buddies old T56 6 Speed out of a 2001 Camaro. So I put in the whole LS setup in and taught myself. Was not the easiest thing when you have a .650 lift cam and a racing clutch. Yeah I spun a rod bearing, totally my fault. The motor was a junkyard POS with 100K miles. I would bang it off the limiter at 6500 all the time, every shift.

Im gonna take it to work and rebuild it with forged rods + pistons. My goal for compression is around 9.0. And im staying 6.0, and not stroking it because I believe that LS strokers have 2 fatal flaws. The factory block's cylinders are too short for a 4" stroke. The skirt of the piston hangs out the end, and it rocks back and forth, wearing it down. And secondly, im broke. So yeah I plan on running no bigger than a 75MM so I can use it on the street. Monster turbo needs too much time to spool with small cubes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-30 135328.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-30 135328.png
    624.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Austinson

SNA Selected 08 Sept. - 3rd Submission
Yeah, I wanted to learn stick so I bought my buddies old T56 6 Speed out of a 2001 Camaro. So I put in the whole LS setup in and taught myself. Was not the easiest thing when you have a .650 lift cam and a racing clutch. Yeah I spun a rod bearing, totally my fault. The motor was a junkyard POS with 100K miles. I would bang it off the limiter at 6500 all the time, every shift.

Im gonna take it to work and rebuild it with forged rods + pistons. My goal for compression is around 9.0. And im staying 6.0, and not stroking it because I believe that LS strokers have one fatal flaw. The factory block's cylinders are too short for a 4" stroke. The skirt of the piston hangs out the end, and it rocks back and forth, wearing it down. Yeah I plan on running no bigger than a 75MM so I can use it on the street. Monster turbo needs time to spool.
Hey now, that's the only way to drive. I was doing that and 5500RPM twostep launches on my 2015 EVO X (703hp on E98 / 546HP pump 92). Rev limit shifts at 8800RPM all day, every day. It makes me miss having a fast car but getting my PPL took priority, so I sold the EVO and Turbo Yamaha FZ07.
Jealous, T56s have skyrocketed in price. Have you seen the company that makes the bolt on sequential pattern for the T56? Are you a single disk clutch? What brand pistons and rods? I was thinking of going manley or wiesco. I'm waiting for the machine shop to give me sizes.
I suppose you're right about the stroke. Especially if I want revs. I have a friend who's running a procharged 408 in his G8 making just shy of 1200HP on 12-16PSI(?) That car is just silly.
From what I've found, a 80/75 should give good response (with the right cam and stall). You just have to be careful with header diameter, T3/T4/Vband, and going too small on the hotside housing. Ya know, volumetric stuff. Like how 8psi from a big turbo is substantially more than 8psi on a small turbo.

Apologies to everyone else for turning this into a car forum.

Last edited: