• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

esmbenbenek

Got any advice on the reading portion?? All I did was Calc in college so I understand math pretty well. Reading honestly was the hardest part for the test because all answers seemed correct.
Sorry not really. I’m prior enlisted so I was used to the writing style. Maybe read military instructions and see if that helps.

elariosa95

SNA (NIFE 1)
Got any advice on the reading portion?? All I did was Calc in college so I understand math pretty well. Reading honestly was the hardest part for the test because all answers seemed correct.
You'll probably find more answers on the ASTB thread: https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...scores-ask-your-questions-here.28348/page-524

In my opinion though, you could probably read some GRE or LSAT prep questions. I've heard that the questions are similarly structured.

68Chev

There is 1 very good gouge I found. Ill try to link it. But the reading portion was very "Navy Jargon Heavy" so I guess read some advanced materials. Ill try to find it for you.

Biff42

For civilain flying experience, how did everyone put this in their package? I only have a few hours, but did you just scan your stuff in and send with the other attachments?

For reading I found using GRE prep reading sections to be beneficial. I was applying to grad school before taking the ASTB and I struggled a bit on the reading section so I used my GRE books and found them to be the closest thing compared to the ASTB. They are pretty cheap at half price books and amazon.

TheManInTheBox99

I was able to get my question answered by someone else. Surprised that there are multiple people from the Chicago area on this list - my recruiter made it sound like only 8 people from NTAG Great Lakes applied this board. None of us got SNA though :(
Who’s your OR? I know at least one or two got picked for NFO, but most were SWO or other designators.

Andrew_franny

Just spoke with my recruiter (Spokane, WA) and he seems to think they're going to cancel the June/July Board. Has anyone else heard similar info?