• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

CC2224Clone

For those of you who had LASIK, how long did it take for you to go to MEPS?

I’m post 6 months LASIK as of this month, just waiting on MEPS.

exNavyOffRec

They definitely did not do that. I submitted before the deadline and still got pushed back to August, now October. So they definitely did continue to push people back instead of lumping them all in. I was hoping for the lump and it didn’t come.
Looking at the numbers on the dashboard that is exactly what they did, they capped it per the dashboard, then opened it up and all those waiting (well almost all) were put back to May, yours may have been held for one reason or another but a lot that submitted before the deadline were told August, then moved to May. They picked more than what would account for the May and August board, throw in some October as well.

exNavyOffRec

I'm seeing lots of people from the May board saying they got picked up for SNFO when SNA was supposed to be on their application. Didn't know the recruiter shadiness bled into Officer recruiting too.

Will definitely be double checking the 1390 on my application before its officially submitted.
They started using enlisted recruiters for some officer recruiter functions, that is where the issue is probably coming from, if they sent a few of the enlisted recruiters to mast that did that I would think the rest would think twice.

Kyle25

For those of you who had LASIK, how long did it take for you to go to MEPS?

I’m post 6 months LASIK as of this month, just waiting on MEPS.
I got LASIK post MEPS, so probably not the best source of info for what you're looking for, but it took about 2 months for me after submitting my LASIK paperwork to hear back that I was medically qualified for SNA. My recruiter also said that MEPS wrote the letter to N3M for her, so it did somewhat go through MEPS, so my timeline guesstimate would be somewhere around that, although I know each situation is its own thing.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
I got LASIK post MEPS, so probably not the best source of info for what you're looking for, but it took about 2 months for me after submitting my LASIK paperwork to hear back that I was medically qualified for SNA. My recruiter also said that MEPS wrote the letter to N3M for her, so it did somewhat go through MEPS, so my timeline guesstimate would be somewhere around that, although I know each situation is its own thing.
To piggyback off this, it took me about the same amount of time to get medically cleared for SNA since I went to MEPS before my surgery. I had to ask my doctor to administer the depth perception test to me tho because I needed to re-do it

CC2224Clone

Well, if my situation ends up the same I’ll be cutting it close to the deadline. We will see…

CC2224Clone

Here’s a funny short story for y’all. When I took the ASTB the staff was listening to some internet radio station and “Danger Zone” came on. Maybe it’s a sign?

BDavis11

Contributor
They started using enlisted recruiters for some officer recruiter functions, that is where the issue is probably coming from, if they sent a few of the enlisted recruiters to mast that did that I would think the rest would think twice.
Where can I find the dashboard

Kyle25

Here’s a funny short story for y’all. When I took the ASTB the staff was listening to some internet radio station and “Danger Zone” came on. Maybe it’s a sign?
Lol, had a similar thing myself. On my drive to my testing site the morning of the ASTB I had my phone on shuffle; and "Danger Zone," "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" and "In the Navy" by the Village People all came on back to back. I took that as a sign. ?

WhiteLotus5125

Lol, had a similar thing myself. On my drive to my testing site the morning of the ASTB I had my phone on shuffle; and "Danger Zone," "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" and "In the Navy" by the Village People all came on back to back. I took that as a sign. ?
Sir that is the sign of all signs. Straight to Jet pipeline, no need for API when you have Goose & Maverick on your side.