• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Any scuttlebutt on why the last board was canceled? Just heard a rumor that it was because not enough people applying. I find that hard to believe. My recruiter told me because there were not enough slots open to hold a board

exNavyOffRec

Any scuttlebutt on why the last board was canceled? Just heard a rumor that it was because not enough people applying. I find that hard to believe. My recruiter told me because there were not enough slots open to hold a board
There were not enough spots for the board to give out, they are already deep into filling FY 24 spots.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Man I'll tell you what though, learning to fly out here was intense. Long story short, mountain waves have a VERY far range. And the summer flying weather is dog shit. Best time to fly was in the dead of winter tbh. Low density altitude, plane bascially flys itself out of the takeoff roll.
As someone who’s only done a discovery flight I’ll take your word for it lmao

FlightEngineerBobby

SNA Applicant (ISPP)
So you're telling me you don't want to indulge on the bitter cold winters, swampy ass summers, and flat land as far as the eye can see? How bout them Sooners tho
Don’t knock it till you try it. Having the entire community on one street makes for a very stable environment for your family. You get to fly the largest Naval aircraft in inventory, rack up tons of heavy hours, and the best part….. no boats!

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Don’t knock it till you try it. Having the entire community on one street makes for a very stable environment for your family. You get to fly the largest Naval aircraft in inventory, rack up tons of heavy hours, and the best part….. no boats!
I’m all for the no boat part because been there done that (as a flight deck guy not launch and recovery obviously) but a lot of my issue with Oklahoma and my wife’s for that matter is political and I’ll leave it at that. You can probably figure out what I mean

FlightEngineerBobby

SNA Applicant (ISPP)
I’m all for the no boat part because been there done that (as a flight deck guy not launch and recovery obviously) but a lot of my issue with Oklahoma and my wife’s for that matter is political and I’ll leave it at that. You can probably figure out what I mean
One area I will gladly move along. Lol. To each their own. I like my in flight bathroom