• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Dboom85

Banned
Hey guys, I added a BDCP metric to the spreadsheet since it seems like it will be significant. Please fill out the new column when you can, and any other cells you may not have filled in before. It will be interesting what this board will do considering the gouge coming out of Pensacola and clean data will be pertinent to future applicants.

exNavyOffRec

Hey guys, I added a BDCP metric to the spreadsheet since it seems like it will be significant. Please fill out the new column when you can, and any other cells you may not have filled in before. It will be interesting what this board will do considering the gouge coming out of Pensacola and clean data will be pertinent to future applicants.

The backlog in Pensacola has no bearing on boards, a certain number need to be accessed in each year group.

Dboom85

Banned
The backlog in Pensacola has no bearing on boards, a certain number need to be accessed in each year group.
According SNAs currently in Pensacola, the CNO only recently found out not only about the back log but the fact that 10% of the Navy’s ensigns are in Pensacola. Those SNAs have also said it’s clear and apparent there are strategies being implemented and whips being cracked. I understand that a certain number needs to be assessed but that’s an expensive amount of people all in one place paid todo nothing for +15 months. The reason why I say it’ll be interesting is, this board will show how far their strategy reaches whether that’s another board canceled, limited applicant selected, or sending ensigns to other places for staff jobs in between ocs and their NIFE class.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

According SNAs currently in Pensacola, the CNO only recently found out not only about the back log but the fact that 10% of the Navy’s ensigns are in Pensacola. Those SNAs have also said it’s clear and apparent there are strategies being implemented and whips being cracked. I understand that a certain number needs to be assessed but that’s an expensive amount of people all in one place paid todo nothing for +15 months. The reason why I say it’ll be interesting is, this board will show how far their strategy reaches weather that’s another board canceled, limited applicant selected, or sending ensigns to other places for staff jobs in between ocs and their NIFE class.
Those are short term issues when accessions are long term planning, 15 years from now that 15 month wait wont matter. A specific number are needed for each Year Group to progress from commission to school, to first permanent duty station, etc.. no matter what the designator.

The August board was cancelled because the numbers selected in the previous board included the numbers allocated for the August board. The problem with selection numbers started last year when the goal dropped but the board had already started so that pushed selection out, and then out again, and now 1/3 of FY 24 spots are filled.

Cancelling a few boards would get the normal flow of how boards and shipping dates work, but it won't fix the backlog, they probably do need to cancel a few boards, not what people want to hear but it is what should happen.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
According SNAs currently in Pensacola, the CNO only recently found out not only about the back log but the fact that 10% of the Navy’s ensigns are in Pensacola. Those SNAs have also said it’s clear and apparent there are strategies being implemented and whips being cracked. I understand that a certain number needs to be assessed but that’s an expensive amount of people all in one place paid todo nothing for +15 months. The reason why I say it’ll be interesting is, this board will show how far their strategy reaches weather that’s another board canceled, limited applicant selected, or sending ensigns to other places for staff jobs in between ocs and their NIFE class.

These threads turn into high school at times… applicants posting crazy rumors or making insane predictions. We’ve seen applicants assume aviation numbers would JUMP when Russia invaded Ukraine, just one example out of many.

Flight school backlog has occurred from the test of time. You’re right, this one is a bit different but Flag (Admiral) leadership is aware of the issue and exploring various solutions. Same leadership also does not want to significantly change accessions (which many applicants want to believe here) knowing the long term ramifications that may happen.

Teshauna

Hi guys! I'm going to stop creeping and finally post on here.

I submitted my application for SNA/SNFO to the OCT board. I'm currently active duty (E5), and just recently found out that I may get picked up E6 this week. I had 4 missing award points on my profile sheet that brought me up to the minimum multiple required by 0.13 points. Hopefully the paperwork goes through and I promote.

Anyways, it's been a wild ride putting my application together. I've been barely making the minimums to get medically qualified and meet the requirements for my ASTB. I was too short (5"1) and had to come back 3 times to pass my BKL measurement. Fortunately, NAMI approved everything and I finally received an official "medically qualified" letter from them. As for my ASTB, I had to retake the test four times, got my last score voided, and tried again one last time.

I did not go through the ISPP Program. I actually had no knowledge about this until I got on Air Warriors. Wish I had known about this earlier. I'm extremely nervous about my ASTB score. I feel good about everything else on my application, except that. I've been FTS/TAR for about about
6.5 years now, 3 EPs (most recent), 4 Officer Appraisals ( 1 O6, 3 O5s), 2 LORs (1 E-9, 1 O4) and Outstanding PRTs. Regardless, my ASTB is extremely below average compared to most on the Excel Spreadsheet. Still hoping for the best!

ASTB: 50 5/5/6 (last attempt)
GPA: 3.83
Degree: B.S. Aeronautics
Prior Service: Yes
Waivers: No
Flight Experience: No
Im literally fighting for 5’2” as well, but all of the measurements were within standards. How did you get approved by NAMI?

wonderb0iwl

Hey guys quick question, for MEPS do you get cleared in one day as long as you don't need any waivers or extra documents? Or does it take a few days to process and for the recruiter to get the necessary documents. Because of work my meps date is next Tuesday which is really cutting it close.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Hey guys quick question, for MEPS do you get cleared in one day as long as you don't need any waivers or extra documents? Or does it take a few days to process and for the recruiter to get the necessary documents. Because of work my meps date is next Tuesday which is really cutting it close.
After MEPS your physical is sent to N3M for approval by the Navy docs, but I couldn’t send my MEPS physical into N3M until MEPS finished processing my physical (blood work, and piss test) which took a couple weeks.

It took me 1 day for my MEPS physical, no waivers or anything of the sort. Based on what I read on these forums, I may be an outlier, but that was my experience.

exNavyOffRec

After MEPS your physical is sent to N3M for approval by the Navy docs, but I couldn’t send my MEPS physical into N3M until MEPS finished processing my physical (blood work, and piss test) which took a couple weeks.

It took me 1 day for my MEPS physical, no waivers or anything of the sort. Based on what I read on these forums, I may be an outlier, but that was my experience.

I had the same experience. In and out in one day and the. It took maybe one or two days to clear it and then my packet was submitted.
Most people complete MEPS in 1 day, the time for the bloodwork to get run depends on workload but estimate another day and then the doctor has to review and sign off, so while most complete MEPS in a day the recruiter won't get the completed physical for 2-3 days after, then it gets sent to N3M and they can take a few days as well. Once N3M sends the PQ letter then it can be reviewed by the NRD and sent to NRC.