• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

4NOV24 SWO Board

Dunion

Hey everyone!

I’ll also be applying to this board.
First time applicant.
No prior service.

Undergraduate GPA 3.4 - Triple Major in History, Political Science, and International Relations.
Graduate GPA 3.4 (consistency is key) - Masters in International Relations.
OAR - 56
3 LORs - professor, veteran friend, supervisor

I currently do contract work for the department of state. 2 years of work experience in international development.

Went to MEPS last week and will need a waiver for past kidney stone.

Hopeful and excited for the results of this board. Fingers crossed.

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone!

I’ll also be applying to this board.
First time applicant.
No prior service.

Undergraduate GPA 3.4 - Triple Major in History, Political Science, and International Relations.
Graduate GPA 3.4 (consistency is key) - Masters in International Relations.
OAR - 56
3 LORs - professor, veteran friend, supervisor

I currently do contract work for the department of state. 2 years of work experience in international development.

Went to MEPS last week and will need a waiver for past kidney stone.

Hopeful and excited for the results of this board. Fingers crossed.
If you don't have any non-medical waivers you should qualify for immediate selection and bypass the board process while being processed for OCS.

Dunion

If you don't have any non-medical waivers you should qualify for immediate selection and bypass the board process while being processed for OCS.

Hey,

Thanks for the response!

Can you explain this in a bit more detail? I just know my recruiter is sending my application for the November board. How would I bypass the board process?

Yooper906

A 19-year-old SWO sounds crazy
🤣
They would have to possess exceptional intelligence to have earned a bachelor's degree by the age of 19. However, retirement at 39 wouldn't sound bad. Plenty of time to put in another 20 years working another career and double dip on retirement.

They would have to possess exceptional intelligence to have earned a bachelor's degree by the age of 19. However, retirement at 39 wouldn't sound bad. Plenty of time to put in another 20 years working another career and double dip on retirement.
I do think it’s is easier than it use to be since if I went and did this process before I started my masters I would be 19 and I don’t think I’m not that smart my oar was pretty bad tbh

Yooper906

I do think it’s is easier than it use to be since if I went and did this process before I started my masters I would be 19 and I don’t think I’m not that smart my oar was pretty bad tbh
I got a 51 on the OAR. Not the greatest score in the world, but it's workable.

I got a 51 on the OAR. Not the greatest score in the world, but it's workable.
Better than mine 👍 but for some reason my recruiter told me just to apply to the board with my score since everything else was good and the deadline was about to hit context I’m in the sept 3rd board

exNavyOffRec

We sent a 19 year old to OCS as a SWO, she did running start. If she stayed on track she would have been on her first ship at 20.