• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

4NOV24 SWO Board

Yooper906

What did you use to study??
Honestly, I didn't. Right now, I'm an active online ASVAB tutor. I may have taken that Mometrix practice OAR test, but that's about as far as I went into it. I used my typical methods of manipulating mathematical problems and did the best I could to understand the Reading Comprehension section. Mechanical Comprehension was more of a toss-up. I'm sure I had several lucky guesses.

Honestly, I didn't. Right now, I'm an active online ASVAB tutor. I may have taken that Mometrix practice OAR test, but that's about as far as I went into it. I used my typical methods of manipulating mathematical problems and did the best I could to understand the Reading Comprehension section. Mechanical Comprehension was more of a toss-up. I'm sure I had several lucky guesses.
I’m confident in the math and mechanical section. My problem is the reading section. Did your reading section ask you any questions or was it a paragraph and responses?

Yooper906

I’m confident in the math and mechanical section. My problem is the reading section. Did your reading section ask you any questions or was it a paragraph and responses?
You read a passage, and you're presented with 4/5 choices. Rather annoying for me, honestly. I prefer being asked a specific question.

Yes, mine was the same way. I didn’t think I’d struggle that much with it, but I know that’s what’s hindering my score.

Yooper906

Yes, mine was the same way. I didn’t think I’d struggle that much with it, but I know that’s what’s hindering my score.
It's a test I'd really rather not take again, because I only have two attempts left and if I score worse next time, that will be my score going forward.

I'm also shooting for the nov 4th board. Curious on any opinions on how my package is looking:

Degree: Bachelors of Science: Fire Science, 4.0 gpa
OAR: 59
Prior enlisted (6 years AF): 2 years of E-5 with plenty of leadership experience from that.

Going to meps this Friday, shouldn't be any hiccups or needed waivers there.

Yooper906

I'm also shooting for the nov 4th board. Curious on any opinions on how my package is looking:

Prior enlisted (6 years AF): 2 years of E-5 with plenty of leadership experience from that.

I believe you have a strong chance to be selected, as long as MEPS goes well.

From what I heard as long as you have a 42 plus you have a good shot simply because no one wants to do SWO.

Last edited: