• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Afghan Mi-35 Hinds

Check Six

Thought I would post these few pics. On the recent trip to Afghanistan we got to meet the General in Charge of the Air Force and he arranged for these guys to put their Hinds in the air for some hovering pics. Next time we go back, now that he knows us, he has agreed to let us shoot some air to air photos from an Mi-17.

k1.jpg

k3.jpg

k2.jpg

Check Six

Pilots are all Afghanis and most of them have many years of combat experience, especially the Hind crews.

Check Six

I was also told the Mi-35 has the tail rotor on the opposite side of the fuse than the Mi-24, not sure if thats correct or not.

Skeet

Banned
I must say, outstanding. My government can't give me what I want, but you can. You must be good.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
That is interesting...
On a tour to the 'petting zoo' at Nellis AFB, the guide said the Hind cannot hover due to its massive weight and that it just lands and takes off on a roll. Seemed counter-intuitive for a helo to not be able to hover, but possible given the things size. It would appear that the guide was wrong?