• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Afghan Mi-35 Hinds

Check Six

When its loaded up I dont think it can hover that well and all crews are taught to do run on landings. The other problem with the older Hinds is the two engines were too close to each other and basically had no firewall so when one engine had a catastrophic then No 2 was always going to be on the receiving end. This happened more than once.

The South Africans are building a Superhind MK III which I am going to be shooting in a month or so. The changes are much lighter, more powerful engines, glass cockpit, new armament and weapons systems and composite blades. I think all but the glass cockpit and blades are incorporated onto the current MK III and the MK V will have everything. A few have already been sold to Algeria.

Ned

Check Six

The ones in South Africa are being upgraded. Taking the airframe, stripping it completely and basically you end up with a "new" helo at half the price of a new one. Will see if I can find a pic of it.

Check Six

Few more for your viewing.

a1-1.jpg

a2-1.jpg

a4-1.jpg

a5-1.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

a12.jpg

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Very cool...is the cannon turret controlled by a Helmet-Mounted Display like on the Apache, or a joystick or something?

Unrelated, but what kind of camera are you using? These are some awesome pics.

Lawman

None
Very cool...is the cannon turret controlled by a Helmet-Mounted Display like on the Apache, or a joystick or something?

Unrelated, but what kind of camera are you using? These are some awesome pics.

Mechanically manipulated sighting system. Hey if it works....

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My favorite is this one where you can see a guy jammed in behind the pilot peeking out. Is that a seat in there, or is did he just not want to miss out on the .1 flight time as special crew.
a10.jpg

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
^ I see four dudes in that helo... there's one crammed in the front too.:eek:

They look like a bunch of drunk SNAs trying to pile 8 people into a car back from the beach.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^ I see four dudes in that helo... there's one crammed in the front too.:eek:

They look like a bunch of drunk SNAs trying to pile 8 people into a car back from the beach.

It looks like one in front with an unused helmet on the dash. Just one smiling happy hovering guy getting his monthly flight time all at once.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It looks like one in front with an unused helmet on the dash. Just one smiling happy hovering guy getting his monthly flight time all at once.
Ahhhhhh, Schnugg, Schnugg, Schnugg .... these whippersnappers will never learn, will they??? :D

The old eyes of the "experienced Eagle" will triumph over the beady eyes of the newbie every time ... you keep your head on a swivel while I take a nap ... we must pace ourselves ... 'scuse me ... :sleep_125