• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

BMW_Z4_Rules

Hi guys.. i just found out i am pro rec SNA. I was a 62 7/7/6 on the ASTB.. 3.0 GPA in finance from SDSU. I have a possible eye problem. I am 20/30 in one eye... 20/40 in the other... both correctable to 20/15. I am worried i wont pass the next eye exam. My recruiter seems to think wait until after OCS to worry about it..... or maybe the military would pay for PRK.. he also doesnt know of the 3 month possible waiver for PRK. Should i do PRK now in my one eye that is slowly getting worse before i risk failing the eye test?

JH88

Pro Rec NFO
Hi guys.. i just found out i am pro rec SNA. I was a 62 7/7/6 on the ASTB.. 3.0 GPA in finance from SDSU. I have a possible eye problem. I am 20/30 in one eye... 20/40 in the other... both correctable to 20/15. I am worried i wont pass the next eye exam. My recruiter seems to think wait until after OCS to worry about it..... or maybe the military would pay for PRK.. he also doesnt know of the 3 month possible waiver for PRK. Should i do PRK now in my one eye that is slowly getting worse before i risk failing the eye test?

Congrats on your pro rec! By "just found out" do you literally mean this evening?

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012

I didn't know you get prk after pro-rec. I am 20/25 in one eye and 20/20 in the other. I am parionoid I will fail the eye exam as well.

I AGREE!

For three years I've been trying to get recruiters to even put up with my situation. You will get in one way or another if you work your ass off. Even after the Pro-Rec, I have to deal with a bunch of government agencies to get my citizenship issue worked out. Hard, well-focused work will get you where you need to be. Just keep pushing.

What this guy said. I was a non-select back in April and it took me over a year just to get to a board. I've had 3 ORs because of recruiters rotating out and have started the paperwork process at least twice because of changing recruiters and had to completely redo an entire package because my documents were "outdated." Everyone always tells me the Navy likes to see people who put forth effort. If it's really worth it to you, you will find a way to make it happen. I did, and I couldn't be happier. :D

Good luck again to you New England guys who are still waiting to hear back. I'm looking forward to find out when everyone will be headed to OCS and who I might have the pleasure of running into!

Hoos

FS SNFO OCS 23 Jun 2013
I don't know about you guys, but in between finals i've spent a good part of the past two days unabashedly catching up on some great American classics such as Top Gun, Behind Enemy Lines, Officer and a Gentleman etc....Its a great day to be alive.

(I want to emphasize that I fully understand that these movies really do not in any way resemble reality in most respects, and that I still have a very long road ahead of me still with swearing in, OCS, flight school etc.)

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
(I want to emphasize that I fully understand that these movies really do not in any way resemble reality in most respects, and that I still have a very long road ahead of me still with swearing in, OCS, flight school etc.)

If you want some real stuff:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/49206 - Speed and Angels

And "Carrier" is currently on Netflix streaming. Well worth getting an account just to watch all 10 hours of it.

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
I'm working on the list for the SNAs and SNFOs, and right now only one person in this thread has been informed that they weren't selected for anything. There are still a few people who haven't heard, or haven't posted their results. The only thing I can glean from the data so far is that getting a 7 on the PFAR was necessary for a pilot slot.

If anyone hasn't posted their scores and feels comfortable doing that, it would be helpful to the next crowd of people. This board supposedly gave out a lot of Pro-Recs, so we might be able to say that our performance sets a minimum. (Speaking of which, I just noticed that my ASTB scores for SNA were the lowest accepted on the forum!) If you weren't pro-rec'd for something, please say it so that I can give the most accurate data to the next group. I may remove names from the final chart I post here, so if you'd rather PM me that's cool.
I wasn't selected for anything. I guess having a PERFECT service record holds little to no weight.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I wasn't selected for anything. I guess having a PERFECT service record holds little to no weight.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I was referring only to the SNA/SNFO applicants, as that is what I was keeping track of. As I recall you were applying SWO only.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
...catching up on some great American classics such as Top Gun, Behind Enemy Lines, Officer and a Gentleman etc....Its a great day to be alive.

(I want to emphasize that I fully understand that these movies really do not in any way resemble reality in most respects,)....
Yeah, Top Gun was over-the-top unrealistic, but good flyin' footage though, & recruited lots of the '90s NAs & NFOs for us. OTOH, I found 'Officer & Gentleman' a very realistic portrayal of the NAVCAD Preflight (especially the local "husband-hunters", who would resort to all sorts of chicanery & trickery, etc.. to bag a future NA in Pensacola)!:eek:

I also found "Bridges at Toko- Ri", to be an excellent presentation of carrier jet combat ops (as I experinced them in No. Vietnam), even though it took place in Korea nearly 60 years ago. So Hollywood dosn't make all realistic Navy flicks, but most are worth watching [entertainment]!:cool:
BzB