• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I agree with you guys. I cannot take reading this account. This is the attitude that cripples a candidate. I don't know exactly how my time at OCS will be, but I know that I will be prepared for certain undesirable conditions, and to approach it like this will mean I cannot possibly be trained as a military officer. We know what we're getting ourselves into. Plain and simple.

I'm basically prepared to go to OCS and get fed a steaming pile of dicks on an hourly basis. What do people generally think they're getting into? :D

afwx

Booyahkah
I'm basically prepared to go to OCS and get fed a steaming pile of dicks on an hourly basis. What do people generally think they're getting into? :D

I'd rather be fed a steaming pile of shit instead a bag o' dicks, even if it was the day after Taco Tuesday shit but never a bag o' dicks!

exNavyOffRec

Everything on the checklist was complete; all it was missing was the CO’s signature, as for the errors I was told the CO was on leave and there were grammar errors. Even with all that, there is no reason why it taks three months to complete and if there were grammar errors I should have been notified immediately so I could correct it or send it as it is.

"grammar errors" what I learned is that is in most cases very subjective, unless it was jacked up they could have sent it.

Navy Airedale

SNA PRO-REC
"grammar errors" what I learned is that is in most cases very subjective, unless it was jacked up they could have sent it.

It was looked at by several officers and shipmates of mine for such errors before it was sent to my command. I made sure every “T” was crossed and every “i" was dotted for something this important because first impressions are everything.

WEGL12

VT-28
I found this blog that someone put all of there letters home in during OCS in 2011 and it describes the first few weeks really well. I have noticed in the past that there isn't a ton of info about the first few weeks at OCS anywhere on the web, so I figured I would share this in the hopes that it may help someone. It may give a preparation edge to those getting ready to go and help you be mentally prepared for what you will face as an indoctrination candidate: http://petersocsjournal.blogspot.com/2011/09/indoctrination-weekhell-week.html

I have read most of these entries and this guy has a terrible attitude. He makes himself sound like all world person but suffers because of his classmates mistakes. He also complained about having to help others with preparing for inspections. Just a bad mindset to live by at OCS. I don't know how he got through OCS because he keeps saying he is depressed and has pain attacks. Seems like that would be a major red flag on the medical side of things. Just my 0.02

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Just found out today. I have an OCS date of Jan 27th. US Navy, here I come (again).

Sweet! My OR emailed me today saying he still isn't sure what's going on. I would have thought the standdown would stop more folks from finding out until after xmas.