• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels Mishap

Status
Not open for further replies.

kejo

pilot
seems to be a lot of conflicting reports...i pray for everyone's safety and hoping to hear some good news...agreed, bad week, bad week

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
beautiful day today ... didn't go, didn't want to deal with traffic. didn't know it happened till the folks called asking if everybody is ok. it happened between Laural Bay base housing & the departure end of runway 5 (open source info); i live about 5 miles from the end of rwy14. buddy called from the air station, said he's been in traffic for 2 hours, gates were shutdown. there's also a festival going on downtown, which adds to the traffic.

open source - the pilot didnt make it. sucks ass

http://www.beaufortgazette.com/

http://www.wsav.com

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Oh man... I was just reading his bio on their site earlier. :( Thoughts and prayers...

Also, just saw FoxNews hose it up (apparently there's a new F/A-19 aircraft that also crashed.... dumba$$es.)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Fair winds and following seas. I know for some of you more experienced/senior guys this may seem a little ridiculous but...

Kind of stunning to have met the guy last week and to have him killed this week...my first personal experience with this side of our business.

My best to the family and the team.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
RetreadRand said:
There was no conjecture at all on that link...just some eyewitness reports and stating that the wx was clear

No I meant the live talking heads on CNN on TV!!

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Kind of stunning to have met the guy last week and to have him killed this week...my first personal experience with this side of our business.

I just pulled out the photo we had from the field trip. It was taken in front of the #6 with all the Blues.

MSkinsATC

pilot
All of the best to his family, friends and the Blues family, horrible to hear about, even worse to hear these news people talk about something they know nothing about....I heard about the F-19 to0!!!(stupid)...Anyways just really sad to hear.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
All of the best to his family, friends and the Blues family, horrible to hear about, even worse to hear these news people talk about something they know nothing about....I heard about the F-19 to0!!!(stupid)...Anyways just really sad to hear.

Agreed, I had to turn off the TV after the anchor on CNN, while talking to an eyewitness, said something like, "Wow, that must have been quite an explosion," as if it must have been 'neat'.

Hopefully the family isn't watching this kind of frenzy, my thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.