• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels Mishap

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Being in the press does not mean it is a legitimate piece of info. We have already seen conflicting reports earlier about if the pilot was killed or not.

I have seen Blues' shows where the pilots have not flown their "own" jets and have used a spare, so going along with the media assumption that Jet 6 = Pilot 6 could be erroneous and hurtful for those that might be seeking information any way they can about this.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Folks, for the time being, don't post speculations about who the pilot was on this board. Even though the news is reporting certain information, the Navy has a process to put the correct information out once the families and such have been properly notified.

I think this is the point...Let the Navy deal with informing the family first. God forbid they have to figure out through a website.

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
Being in the press does not mean it is a legitimate piece of info. We have already seen conflicting reports earlier about if the pilot was killed or not.

I have seen Blues' shows where the pilots have not flown their "own" jets and have used a spare, so going along with the media assumption that Jet 6 = Pilot 6 could be erroneous and hurtful for those that might be seeking information any way they can about this.

yep. that's why i didn't say pilot 6, or the name of pilot 6.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
This thread has gone downhill fast. I suggest letting the process run its course before posting any new info on this board.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Folks, for the time being, don't post speculations about who the pilot was on this board. Even though the news is reporting certain information, the Navy has a process to put the correct information out once the families and such have been properly notified.

The Navy may have a process, but people can see five Blue Angels land and read the tail number and realize #6 is the missing plane. Not hard to add 2 and 2 and get 4.

lthackston

In my area we lost the first firefighter in our department's history to a house fire on Monday as well. This is all so overwhelming...

God Bless the Blues

Along with this, don't forget the situation that happened at NASA yesterday. I knew the gentleman that was shot as a hostage. It's been a very very bad week and there are lots of people to keep in our prayers.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
O.K.

We've got it.

Why don't we let this one lie down and relax until something other than the now seemingly obligatory "prayers" and "speculation" are available .... ????

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The "Blue Angel Alumni Association" has released the name and posted some information regarding LCDR Davis, so I guess that's quasi-"official" enough for now. The thread is back on ....

Same-o, same-o rules apply when posting about an ongoing NAVAIR accident ... and as always, use your head.

"Once a Blue Angel always a Blue Angel"

RIP, Brother ...

Status
Not open for further replies.