• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels Mishap

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Got this pic from another site, someone who was at the airshow. I label it "Fallen Angel". Taken about 10 minutes prior to the mishap. My prayers to his family.

fallenangel.jpg

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I had just gotten home, unpacked, and turned on CNN to see this in the news. It was definitely a blow to hear the news that one of our own, our best, had been lost...

My heart goes out to his family, friends, and squadron shipmates....

Huggy Bear

pilot
He was a great dude. Very friendly and self-effacing. I can't imagine a better blue angel. We were in the same VT for awhile, and even though he was many classes ahead of me, you wouldn't know from the way he treated me like an equal (the silly VT pecking order among classes did not exist for him). He will be missed.

H60Gunner

Contributor
Rest in Peace LCDR Davis, you will not be forgotten.

My sincere condolences go out to the family and friends.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
From what I've seen from the previous posters, it seems as though this man was not only a great Naval Aviator, but more importantly a great Naval Officer.

badger16

None
A very sobering and tragic event. It was good to hear that he was given the honor he deserved by the emergency workers who took their American flag from the fire station and carried him away from the scene in the symbol he served and protected so selflessly. May he forever fly amongst angels. RIP.

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
A very sobering and tragic event. It was good to hear that he was given the honor he deserved by the emergency workers who took their American flag from the fire station and carried him away from the scene in the symbol he served and protected so selflessly. May he forever fly amongst angels. RIP.

Amen.

High Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
are there any ideas as to what happened?

Wait till official word comes out... then we'll know what the investigators found out. Until then, lets not go down the "what happened" road. The thread's already been locked once for that.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait till official word comes out... then we'll know what the investigators found out. Until then, lets not go down the "what happened" road. The thread's already been locked once for that.

True that. Although that is a natural question, it is not appropriate if you are officially or unofficially involved in Naval Aviation to speculate. AW honors that policy. The official Mishap Investigation is underway and you'll just have to wait until they sift through witness statements, video, aircraft wreckage and any recoverable data recording devices and make a determination. It takes time. Let the media do their thing as far as speculation (they'll be after those elusive ratings for sure). Let's just honor his sacrifice and career and think about those he left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.