• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

But I sniveled!!!

Rg9

pilot
... it is a HUGE distraction and drag on the SKED writers' time and attention...
How? Besides what has already been said (studs asking, etc., which could be quite easily fixed), how does it affect SKEDS for others to see a preliminary schedule?

Can I make it clear, too, that I'm not as concerned about what I'm flying tomorrow as much as when. I know all about staying ahead of the curve, etc., etc.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...I get the point of being prepared, etc. ....
Well, good ... and to ease your mind ... it gets "easier" should you progress at some point to the airlines. Sometimes the next day's training SKED reaches the hotel @ 2000 ... and you find you have the 0430 brief.

That's zero-four-thirty. :)

Sleep tight. Life goes on ... :)

Rg9

pilot
Sometimes the next day's training SKED reaches the hotel @ 2000 ... and you find you have the 0430 brief.[/B]
Ok, that's fine. That's life. It's unavoidable. I can deal with it (and have, for most of Primary). Not seeing a preliminary schedule is avoidable, however.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, good ... and to ease your mind ... it gets "easier" should you progress at some point to the airlines. Sometimes the next day's training SKED reaches the hotel @ 2000 ... and you find you have the 0430 brief.

That's zero-four-thirty. :)

Sleep tight. Life goes on ... :)

True, but wouldn't it be great to know when the "last call" has to be in advance? Of course that's if you want to stay legal.

Or... you can "know" that you're going to fly the next day but not be on the schedule. Does that mean there's a 12 hour rule then? Hehhhh.... and I wonder why I threw 4 Fairs on Friday.

MasterBates

Rg9,

IF they put one out, every one of you whiners would be calling going "But my wife can't make my promotion", "Why do I have the 0530 Brief with Fehrenbacher AGAIN", etc..

You won't know what you are doing the next day until 1700 or later the previous day. The fleet is no different..

DEAL WITH IT, like all that came before you did.

MasterBates

And for the 12 hour rule.. Cease drinking 12 prior to earliest brief.

Then resume when you see you are briefing at 1500 the next day..

NO Sked is EVER final until the MAN (or his designated rep) signs it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
How? Besides what has already been said (studs asking, etc., which could be quite easily fixed), how does it affect SKEDS for others to see a preliminary schedule?
It detracts from time, focus, and attention required to put out something as complex as a multi-event/syllabus/STUD SKED. I hope you get a job as SKED writer early in your career -- just to make you a believer.

One squadron @ Beeville used to refer to STUDs who would constantly peek under/over the SKED room 1/2 door as "Indians" ... i.e., heads popping up/down round and around ... a constant distraction. But something to shoot at .... :)

You keep harping on the "prelim" SKED ... I say again: if you're prepared for 1-3 hops in advance, as you state --- WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES A PRELIMINARY SKED MAKE FOR YOU ??? :eek: You know RI-8 comes after RI-7, BOMB-4 comes after BOMB-3, etc., etc. ... roll with the punches.

Set your 0400 alarm. Have a cup of coffee. Have a chocolate covered doughnut. Smile at the Instructor.

Jesus .... I'm off high and right, switches safe.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
True, but wouldn't it be great to know when the "last call" has to be in advance? .... Does that mean there's a 12 hour rule then?...
It doesn't seem to bother too many pilots in the airlines .... :)

Speaking of which, one of my airlines used to have an 8-hour "hard" bottle-to-throttle rule ... and then they placed beer vending machines in the Tokyo crew layover hotel .... think: $$$$$ .... :)

Rg9

pilot
IF they put one out, every one of you whiners would be calling ...
So I shouldn't be able to plan to have my wife at my promotion? In a training command? Wow...

You can deal with whiners in other ways...

And yes, I can deal with the schedule being this way. I have dealt with it. There are better ways to run everything, in my humble opinion, so I'm expressing those ideas. It's not my decision, and I'll take whatever is given, but to say this is just me looking out for myself or to just suck it up is really reading into something that's not there.

Rg9

pilot
It detracts from time, focus, and attention required to put out something as complex as a multi-event/syllabus/STUD SKED.
They're not putting out any schedule. TIMS allows (allowed) one to see the schedule as it's being put together. To my knowledge, it took no extra work/attention/etc. from anyone.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I shouldn't be able to plan to have my wife at my promotion? In a training command? Wow...

You can deal with whiners in other ways...

And yes, I can deal with the schedule being this way. I have dealt with it. There are better ways to run everything, in my humble opinion, so I'm expressing those ideas. It's not my decision, and I'll take whatever is given, but to say this is just me looking out for myself or to just suck it up is really reading into something that's not there.

What do you need your wife there for? What are you being promoted to?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... There are better ways to run everything, in my humble opinion, so I'm expressing those ideas. It's not my decision, and I'll take whatever is given, but to say this is just me looking out for myself or to just suck it up is really reading into something that's not there.
O.K. ... then everyone's on the same page ... of the SKED :D ... basically.

Don't fight it -- the inefficiency -- 'cause if major corporations ran themselves like the government -- they wouldn't last a year.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
They're not putting out any schedule. TIMS allows (allowed) one to see the schedule as it's being put together. To my knowledge, it took no extra work/attention/etc. from anyone.
Well ... that's something we didn't have. But the basics still apply. Things change all day long as the current SKED progresses and is flown.

Or maybe they -- the SKED writers -- just don't like you 'cause you're "Indians" (see above) ... :D

MasterBates

I'll take a stab at it..

When I made the SHARP sked viewable before I "released" it, (after CO signed it), I would have every Seminole, Cree, and Apache sticking their head in going "I cant do that, I have XXX or I want to YYYY"..

Locked people outside of sked writers out (including DH's) and the problem went away for the most part.

The Little Indians calling or whining is probably why you cant see it.