• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

But I sniveled!!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Weren't you just saying that the 'Majors' were no better than the Navy with skeds? ;)
No, you young fool :).... major CORPORATIONS ... not the "majors" .. i.e., major airlines ... the major airlines are just as screwed up (mebbe even more so???) than the Navy ...

GREAT Bull story, HAL!!! :D

Jeff29

Science Project
What do you need your wife there for? What are you being promoted to?

Probably because she wants to be there, and that's pretty much all that matters.

Even though it was not that big of a deal, my wife realy enjoyed being at my promotion to JG; she was pretty unhappy about missing my promotion to LT (although the paycheck helped her get over it). My one piece of advice to young, married military officers is keep the mrs. involved, she (which also means you) will me much happier.

Kmac either isn't married, or won't be for very long :)

MasterBates

They (wives) need to deal with and understand that the squadron does not revolve around them.. If they can be there fine, but if you get a drive by promotion because its the only time the CO will be around before you deploy, oh freaking well.

I hate it when women want the squadron's business planned around them.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
My one piece of advice to young, married military officers is keep the mrs. involved, she (which also means you) will me much happier.

You forgot to add happily to the mix...otherwise who the fuck cares
it she's there or not..:D

...or if she's happy for that matter..

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
1. I see no problem with the guy trying to have his wife at his promo. I had mine as it was a big deal to me. I don't care if others paid no attention to rank.

2. I worked in ops at my last command. I would see the prelimn sked and go home. Check it that night and my night flight to the boat was now a 0500 brief for VIP flying backup. It just changed to much to really count it worth anything until signed. Even in the HT's I would walk in at 1400 and look at the sked. Then I would have to remind the writers that I can't fly night flights yet (16 X's) or triples (20 X's) or various other flights that have a minimum number of hours requirements. So while you might know what flight you are flying tomorrow or even what time it will bite you in the ass one good time then you will learn to just wait and see what it is after it is signed.

Smoke

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
HEY !!! This ain't no freakin' marriage/divorce thread!!! It's SKEDs!!! It's already been split off once .... !!!!

ALL YOU GUYS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET ALONG WITH WOMEN ... GET YOUR OWN THREAD !!!!

:)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HEY !!! This ain't no freakin' marriage/divorce thread!!! It's SKEDs!!! It's already been split off once .... !!!!

ALL YOU GUYS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET ALONG WITH WOMEN ... GET YOUR OWN THREAD !!!!

:)

or you can PM MB (or meet him nightly in chat..he's available right now in fact)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Back to regularly scheduled thread

RetreadRand said:
don't fvck with skeds...their job is busier than yours...you know how I know? because you are in skeds right now and don't work in ops

We never got to how to get on good side of Skeds O* or perhaps how to get a gander at the flight schedule w/o angering Skeds or even better, without Sked O knowing about it....

*gifts (ie cubans, favorite libation), sucking up/gratuitous compliments, just being low maintenance, blackmail, etc. :icon_smil

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We never got to how to get on good side of Skeds O* or perhaps how to get a gander at the flight schedule w/o angering Skeds or even better, without Sked O knowing about it....

*gifts (ie cubans, favorite libation), sucking up/gratuitous compliments, just being low maintenance, blackmail, etc. :icon_smil

Why didn't anyone try that with me during my sentence as Skeds? :(