• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cecil Field vs. Oceana...not done yet!

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Yeah, It's a very small town (Inyokern, Which neighbors Ridgecrest is even more dead).

The g/f has family near China Lake so I had a three week tenture there back in July/Aug. Very few actual "homes" mostly trailers. Hot as a mofo too. Closest "big" city is Lancaster/Bakersfield.

Adam

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, It's a very small town (Inyokern, Which neighbors Ridgecrest is even more dead).

The g/f has family near China Lake so I had a three week tenture there back in July/Aug. Very few actual "homes" mostly trailers. Hot as a mofo too. Closest "big" city is Lancaster/Bakersfield.

Adam

Yeah, Bakersfield is a hole. Driving by on the interstate, I say PLYWOOD SHANTIES. Disgusting.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes. I am bringing it back...

Just wondering what's going on with the folks in JAX with regards to this issue. Looks like this is a major election issue this November for any of you folks living down there. Here's an article I found. Slant is from the City of Jacksonville.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Yes. I am bringing it back...

Just wondering what's going on with the folks in JAX with regards to this issue. Looks like this is a major election issue this November for any of you folks living down there. Here's an article I found. Slant is from the City of Jacksonville.

There have been commercials talking about how cecil is vital to our Navy Pilots... and vote Yes to support Navy pilots- along with signs near NAS.

MasterBates

And less oppostion commercials. Ads on TV are 70/30 for against in the unscentific "Master is Bored and Lives at the BOQ" poll.

Cactijosh

I think a few people in Jacksonville got $$$ signs in their eyes and decided to start lobbying. What is sickening is that they keep saying that they are supporting the military and our nation in the same adds where they state the economic benifit that the move would have on the region.

I've been telling my neighbors that the military personel at Oceana would rather not be relocated to Jax for the simple fact that VA is more centrally located on the east coast and odds are people wouldn't have to be stationed as far from home. Plus hornets build nests in your garage...

SemperApollo

"Hey honey lets move someplace nice and quiet. Not the mountains, not the countryside...hey how about in the approach path to a MASTER F'N JET BASE? No don't worry, I'm so important that they'll have to listen to me when I demand quiet."

It's this kind of thinking that plagues airports, military and civilian all over the country. In all honesty the federal government should have a form (hell, I'll type it up for them) that the people have to sign..."I do realize there is an airport nearby. Yes, I do realize it will be noisy at times. If I have a problem with it I will move someplace else and shut up. X________________ "

And to think, if I lived under an approach path I'd never go inside.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In Whidbey, there actually is a form you have to sign acknowledging the jet noise when buying property. I had to sign it when buying my place out here; I'd have to drag it out to check the details of the legalese.

Pags

N/A
pilot
In Whidbey, there actually is a form you have to sign acknowledging the jet noise when buying property. I had to sign it when buying my place out here; I'd have to drag it out to check the details of the legalese.

Similar form in VA, the ACUIZ form. It tells you what crash zone your house is in and what the noise levels are.

Lawman

None
I had to sign one here at CherryPoint too.

Sorta strange. Talking to my dad about this they didnt have to sign anything when they bought their house and its sitting next to Wright Patterson AFB. They've got C-5's flying over their house now if you wanna talk about loud noise and the possiblity of a big fiery crash. Those things are just odd to watch working the pattern, it looks like it wants to fall right out of the sky.