• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese Intelligence Ship Harasses USNS Impeccable

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrogpilot73

i didn't understand the part about the stripping down to their underwear
Poorly written, but I think it meant to say that after the US drenched their crew, they stripped out of their wet clothes and continued what they were doing. That's the way I read it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This was quite a bit more than the SOP of the last few years, pretty serious as a matter of fact.

I guess they are feeling 'testy'. :eek:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
" ... The Impeccable responded by spraying one of the (Chinese) vessels with fire hoses..."

Not a problem; Chinese Fire Drill in play here ...

chinese_fire_drill.jpg

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
" ... The Impeccable responded by spraying one of the (Chinese) vessels with fire hoses..."

Not a problem; Chinese Fire Drill in play here ...

chinese_fire_drill.jpg

As stupid as it sounds, I laughed very very very heartily.

+1 For being the first to say it.

GroundPounder

There's a bit more detail in the BBC write up:

1. There have been a bunch of incidents in the past week

2. They (the Chinese) did this to test the Obama Administration as they did with the Bush Administration

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7933171.stm

How could this be? I thought that the rest of the world liked us again. My hopes of world peace have been dashed.:icon_mi_1

Redux

Meh. This kind of thing happens a lot more often than you might think.

The Russians were notorious for it in the early 70's. Cut across our bow with their fast turbine frigates and hover over the deck with small dual rotor helo's. Lots of exchanging of the fingers between crews. ;)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"We'll send a very stern warning in a letter...and if that doesn't work...we send another."

teamamerica_1024.jpg
"

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Maybe it's just my hawkish nature but why on earth did those vessels not get blasted to hell? That's too close for comfort in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.