• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese Intelligence Ship Harasses USNS Impeccable

Status
Not open for further replies.

exhelodrvr

pilot
I had a salty AWC Jez type tell me about the Russians trying to retrieve "his" DICASS buoys in the med in the late 80's..... the crew waited until Ivan had the active buoy on the deck of the trawler before Chief hit the PING button....I don't know how many watts of noise that thing puts out, but he said all the Russians were blown overboard. By the time that P-3 landed at Sig, 6th Fleet was already waiting for them. They got the perfunctory ass chewing, but when it was over, the Admiral said that it was one of the funniest things he had ever seen.

You had your leg pulled. The sonar on those aren't anywhere close to that powerful.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Treading the line too closely...

Condescending? .... I'll close with this: Donny, you're out of your element.
Perhaps not condescending, but your posts have been on my radar for quite a while. I personally think you tread too closely with your day to day work and some of your postings on this forum. I trust you are doing it inadvertently, but there are enough of us on here to hopefully pick up the pieces and purge when necessary.

I take a very, very conservative view on OPSEC, INFOSEC and discourse of classified information, since in the end, it is my name that will be center stage in the cross hairs.

I and many others on this forum refrain from pontificating on our matters of expertise lest we reveal or disclose information that we should not. Your username and posting habits run counter to that trend, and quite frankly make me concerned about what your motivation is to discuss certain threads. Getting on top of a soapbox and declaring to the world that you have a double secret handshake, "are in your element" and are current in these topics raises even more alarm bells to me and others on this forum. I honestly think you are an INFOSEC nightmare waiting to happen.

On that note, I am closing and locking this thread. If anyone has a complaint, feel free to PM me.

For those wondering, no line has been crossed, but I have been burnt over the years by users posting information they should not have. To say that this site is monitored is the understatement of the year.

So there is NO misunderstanding: If you are an active duty member, civilian, or former active duty, and post anything compromising OPSEC, INFOSEC or classified material, I will turn my log files and details over in a heartbeat to the appropriate authorities such as NCIS to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.