• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You realize it isn’t full Hawaiians?

I’d say hardly any of them are over 25 percent and come from all types of backgrounds.
Is that in any way a justification for you? Seriously? Do you realize how far you’ve fallen that you started carrying the shining banner of diversity and now you’re defending a segregated school because it discriminates against the right people?

nodropinufaka

Is that in any way a justification for you? Seriously? Do you realize how far you’ve fallen that you started carrying the shining banner of diversity and now you’re defending a segregated school because it discriminates against the right people?
No I’m defending it cause the United States illegally overthrew an island nation and that institution was from long before the overthrow.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
No I’m defending it cause the United States illegally overthrew an island nation and that institution was from long before the overthrow.
So diversity isn’t our strength? Discrimination is ok as long as it’s against people of the group you have a 100+ year old grievance against?

You don’t have to answer. We know the answer because you’ve been telling us for dozens of posts. It just took a while to pin you down and expose how utterly full of shit you are.

nodropinufaka

So diversity isn’t our strength? Discrimination is ok as long as it’s against people of the group you have a 100+ year old grievance against?

You don’t have to answer. We know the answer because you’ve been telling us for dozens of posts. It just took a while to pin you down and expose how utterly full of shit you are.
Of course it’s our strength.

Now you want The US illegally overthrew a nation and wants to take an estate worth 100s of billions from them??

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Is diversity not our strength? Aren’t those kids missing out by being surrounded only by their own people? I’ve been told over and over again, including by you, that diversity is really really important. Why is it good for Hawaiians to go to school only with Hawaiians? Why is the previous sentence unacceptable if Hawaiians is replaced with white people?
Don’t you get it by now? @nodropinufaka is a hypocrite who is okay with discrimination and racism as long as it is against white people.

You’re still defending racism and discrimination. Your true colors are showing.

And if you feel Hawaii need as so wronged, why did you serve in the military of the nation that wronged Hawaii?

Fucking hypocrite. I’m done since hypocrites have no integrity and it’s useless debating with them.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Of course it’s our strength.

Now you want The US illegally overthrew a nation and wants to take an estate worth 100s of billions from them??
Of course it’s our strength. That’s the line you love to parrot but you don’t believe it. Because you’re defending a segregated school system. If you believed it you’d want those schools integrated.

You like “diversity” when it benefits you.

nodropinufaka

Don’t you get it by now? @nodropinufaka is a hypocrite who is okay with discrimination and racism as long as it is against white people.

You’re still defending racism and discrimination. Your true colors are showing.

And if you feel Hawaii need as so wronged, why did you serve in the military of the nation that wronged Hawaii?

Fucking hypocrite. I’m done since hypocrites have no integrity and it’s useless debating with them.
Am I not allowed to have opinions on the past and serve even though I disagree with the past?

I don’t agree with the Vietnam war either. Or the Iraq War doesn’t mean I cannot serve.

Blind patriotism isn’t good and a detriment.

nodropinufaka

This is actually really funny.

Cause I was talking to my friend yesterday and we discussed how 10ish years ago when DADT was going to be repealed there was a thread just like this on AIRWARRIORS of people screaming it was going to ruin the military, we don’t need to know what they’re doing on their own time, gay marriage isn’t allowed anyway, and the other talking points of the time.

Here we are 10 years later with gays serving openly and gay marriage legalized and no issues whatsoever.

I wish I could find the thread cause it was really bad and everyone swore it was going to destroy the military.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
This is actually really funny.

Cause I was talking to my friend yesterday and we discussed how 10ish years ago when DADT was going to be repealed there was a thread just like this on AIRWARRIORS of people screaming it was going to ruin the military, we don’t need to know what they’re doing on their own time, gay marriage isn’t allowed anyway, and the other talking points of the time.

Here we are 10 years later with gays serving openly and gay marriage legalized and no issues whatsoever.

I wish I could find the thread cause it was really bad and everyone swore it was going to destroy the military.
It’s weird that Brown v Board of Education was 75 years ago but we still have racists openly advocating segregation on this website.

SELRES_AMDO

If we didn’t they would be speaking Japanese.

History is a motherfucker.
Not sure why people say this.

All of the other countries Japan overthrew during the world wars reverted back to their own government. Hawaii's monarchy was completely overthrown and their queen imprisoned for monetary reasons. So I doubt they would be speaking Japanese.

SELRES_AMDO

It’s weird that Brown v Board of Education was 75 years ago but we still have racists openly advocating segregation on this website.
Brown vs Board of Education was over segregation in public schools.

What is the issue with Kamehameha schools?

The school was established before Hawaii was annexed by America. It's a privately funded institution unlike the U.S. military and public schools. And they practice Native Hawaiian preference to the extent that the law allows. Seems like an odd thing to get worked up over when you consider what Hawaiians have been forced to endure. I equate Kamehameha schools to native American schools. Why fight something that is privately funded and designed to help historically oppressed people?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Brown vs Board of Education was over segregation in public schools.

What is the issue with Kamehameha schools?

The school was established before Hawaii was annexed by America. It's a privately funded institution unlike the U.S. military and public schools. And they practice Native Hawaiian preference to the extent that the law allows. Seems like an odd thing to get worked up over when you consider what Hawaiians have been forced to endure. I equate Kamehameha schools to native American schools. Why fight something that is privately funded and designed to help historically oppressed people?
The same reason I oppose all racial discrimination. I notice you couldn’t defend it without the caveat of “with what Hawaiians had to endure”. Try standing for a principle. Is diversity our strength? Is racial discrimination wrong?

nodropinufaka

The same reason I oppose all racial discrimination. I notice you couldn’t defend it without the caveat of “with what Hawaiians had to endure”. Try standing for a principle. Is diversity our strength? Is racial discrimination wrong?
Again. It’s a privately funded institution. They recieve no federal funds.

Let me put the spin on the question- since you’re very clearly a conservative and view the laws as just that from earlier on the thread.

What is your thoughts on the Masterpiece Cake Shop v Colorado Civil Rights Commission?

The Supreme Court ruled on the conservative side saying that it was not a violation and the Colorado civil rights comission violated their rights by forcing them to make the cake.

So a private institution- that receives zero public funds- should be forced to accommodate is what you’re saying?

it’s a very complex issue and I don’t think it’s a one fits all issue for race, religion, gender, sexual preference.