• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

SELRES_AMDO

The same reason I oppose all racial discrimination. I notice you couldn’t defend it without the caveat of “with what Hawaiians had to endure”. Try standing for a principle. Is diversity our strength? Is racial discrimination wrong?
Diversity is our strength. And racial discrimination is wrong.

One way to increase diversity is to help historically oppressed groups with educational opportunities.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Again. It’s a privately funded institution. They recieve no federal funds.

Let me put the spin on the question- since you’re very clearly a conservative and view the laws as just that from earlier on the thread.

What is your thoughts on the Masterpiece Cake Shop v Colorado Civil Rights Commission?

The Supreme Court ruled on the conservative side saying that it was not a violation and the Colorado civil rights comission violated their rights by forcing them to make the cake.

So a private institution- that receives zero public funds- should be forced to accommodate is what you’re saying?

it’s a very complex issue and I don’t think it’s a one fits all issue for race, religion, gender, sexual preference.
Oops.

@SELRES_AMDO

nodropinufaka

Here it is. Interesting look to the past. First page is dudes crying it’s unfortunate and against federal law, etc.

nodropinufaka

What a bizarre deflection. You looked up an 11 year old thread to call out intolerance moments after trying (very poorly) to defend ongoing racial discrimination.
I’m not defending racial segregation. Not at all.

in fact maybe you should go do some research about diversity initiative and come back.

nodropinufaka

And I pulled up that thread to show 10 years ago people were crying up and down about DADT and Gay Marriage and here we are just fine.

Progress just takes some time. And in 10 years the diversity initiatives won’t be any problem and we will keep going along.

and I’m sure if there was an AW back during female ship integration people be crying about that too spouting the same nonsense.

nodropinufaka

“See that's where you're WRONG.

There is no federal legislation that exists that puts homosexuals at a disadvantage.

Okay, they can't get married to each other but I can't marry a person of the same-sex either so I lack that right as well.

I don't believe homosexuality isn't a choice. Here's why. I knew a set of identical twins in college. One was gay and one was straight and eventually married(a female). They were both raised in the same household and yet the difference that I found was that they had different sets of friends and influences.

I don't care what you support, but don't go around saying that we have some federal legislation that explicitly puts them at a disadvantage. They made a choice to not marry the way everyone else does. They have that same right as I do.

Also on this little bit about intolerance. I hate when "open-minded" people go around telling people that it's wrong to be intolerant of others. That's their doggone right to be intolerant if they so choose. It's intolerant to be intolerant of intolerance. Get over it.”

10 years ago people saying that Gay people don’t face any disadvantage or discrimination.

Don’t see the pattern?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
“See that's where you're WRONG.

There is no federal legislation that exists that puts homosexuals at a disadvantage.

Okay, they can't get married to each other but I can't marry a person of the same-sex either so I lack that right as well.

I don't believe homosexuality isn't a choice. Here's why. I knew a set of identical twins in college. One was gay and one was straight and eventually married(a female). They were both raised in the same household and yet the difference that I found was that they had different sets of friends and influences.

I don't care what you support, but don't go around saying that we have some federal legislation that explicitly puts them at a disadvantage. They made a choice to not marry the way everyone else does. They have that same right as I do.

Also on this little bit about intolerance. I hate when "open-minded" people go around telling people that it's wrong to be intolerant of others. That's their doggone right to be intolerant if they so choose. It's intolerant to be intolerant of intolerance. Get over it.”

10 years ago people saying that Gay people don’t face any disadvantage or discrimination.

Don’t see the pattern?
What the fuck are you yammering about

Treetop Flyer

pilot
That 10 years ago the same people were crying about Gays being allowed to serve openly.

And no people crying about diversity.

it’s the same shit And people just want to whine and cry about changes that doesn’t even effect them.
Ten years later you’re arguing in favor of racial discrimination. Now you’re deflecting from your multitude of indefensible arguments. I do see the pattern because it’s what you do over and over again.

Guess what? I bet there are other threads from ten years ago that aren’t about diversity where people aren’t “crying about diversity.”

SELRES_AMDO

How is a segregated school helping if diversity is our strength?
By ensuring they have educational opportunities that were historically not given to them because the powers in charge thought they didn't warrant them. Why is that hard to understand?

Diversity in the DoD is not the same thing as a school that is privately funded that exists solely to help an underrepresented and oppressed group.