• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
When do you think Kamehameha schools will be desegregated?
Tje Kamehameha Schools charter allows for non-Hawaiians to be admitted if there are no more Hawaiian applicants for the spot (still very discriminatory) but when that (very infrequently) happens, the alumni and students go crazy and the school pays them not to attend with “undisclosed amounts” that are in the millions.

Very racist and discriminatory.

I know a couple of pilots at Hawaiian that have a significant amount of Hawaiian blood but look white who attended Kamehameha Schools. They say they got shit on by the other students and faculty at the beginning of every school year because all the new ones assumed they were haoles who somehow got accepted. They also say they had a hard time in many local neighborhoods where they weren’t known and at many locals surfing beaches.

But it’s the Hawaiians experiencing racism and discrimination I think the state… Just ask @nodropinufaka

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Can you not see the difference between a high school and the worlds largest and most powerful military

But I just stuck the tip in! That’s not rape!

Typical of those who claim to be oppressed…they think that it’s okay to practice racism and discrimination as long as it’s not against their race or sex.

Mirage

pilot
Can you not see the difference between a high school and the worlds largest and most powerful military
What a typical response. Before, the line was "that's not discrimination" and now it's "Its ok for them to be racist and discriminate if it's just a high school guys."

What about Howard and the other HBCUs? Is it also ok for them to not value diversity and discriminate for the purpose of minimizing it?

If you don't see yet how it's a complete double standard yet then I'm afraid your cognitive dissonance will never allow you to.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
What a typical response. Before, the line was "that's not discrimination" and now it's "Its ok for them to be racist and discriminate if it's just a high school guys."

What about Howard and the other HBCUs? Is it also ok for them to not value diversity and discriminate for the purpose of minimizing it?

If you don't see yet how it's a complete double standard yet then I'm afraid your cognitive dissonance will never allow you to.
This reminds me of an article in the paper a couple of months ago about the local gays as bars started reopening. The first half of the article was about gays being pissed off because they felt they weren’t accepted in straight bars. The second half of the article was about those same gays being pissed off that straight propane were going to gay bars. Of course the article’s author agreed with both things.

Just like @nodropinufaka complains about discrimination he feels he’s experienced yet believes it’s okay for Hawaiians to discriminate against whites or for anyone to be discriminated against in the name of diversity.

nodropinufaka

This reminds me of an article in the paper a couple of months ago about the local gays as bars started reopening. The first half of the article was about gays being pissed off because they felt they weren’t accepted in straight bars. The second half of the article was about those same gays being pissed off that straight propane were going to gay bars. Of course the article’s author agreed with both things.

Just like @nodropinufaka complains about discrimination he feels he’s experienced yet believes it’s okay for Hawaiians to discriminate against whites or for anyone to be discriminated against in the name of diversity.
Well diversity is important at the end of the day.

You don’t want one race or one gender dominating the metrics. You want it to mirror the population.

If you’re meeting the minimum standard then I don’t see the issue.

And Kamehameha schools and St Louis school are schools that existed long before the United States stole the islands and were explicitly set up to advance education for Hawaiians and for males.

should they have to fall in line with the US after being annexed? I say no. But you’re entitled to your opinion.

nodropinufaka

To be fair- a lot of gay people feel unsafe in straight bars. They suffer higher rates of violence and L is a very real thing. Gay bars and gay districts were started because they wanted an area where they could be themselves and feel safe around each other.

add in that Hawaii and almost all pacific island nations have a third gender and they want to go somewhere where they will feel safe and not be harassed and I can see why the authors feels that way.

we got a ways to go on that as a society but that’s a whole diff discussion.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't recall the name, but we have/had a prominent AW poster who is white and attended a HBCU on what was essentially a diversity scholarship.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Well diversity is important at the end of the day.

You don’t want one race or one gender dominating the metrics. You want it to mirror the population.

If you’re meeting the minimum standard then I don’t see the issue.

And Kamehameha schools and St Louis school are schools that existed long before the United States stole the islands and were explicitly set up to advance education for Hawaiians and for males.

should they have to fall in line with the US after being annexed? I say no. But you’re entitled to your opinion.
Is diversity not our strength? Aren’t those kids missing out by being surrounded only by their own people? I’ve been told over and over again, including by you, that diversity is really really important. Why is it good for Hawaiians to go to school only with Hawaiians? Why is the previous sentence unacceptable if Hawaiians is replaced with white people?

nodropinufaka

Is diversity not our strength? Aren’t those kids missing out by being surrounded only by their own people? I’ve been told over and over again, including by you, that diversity is really really important. Why is it good for Hawaiians to go to school only with Hawaiians? Why is the previous sentence unacceptable if Hawaiians is replaced with white people?
You realize it isn’t full Hawaiians?

I’d say hardly any of them are over 25 percent and come from all types of backgrounds.