• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cold War Redux, (the Russians are back in force!)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While baloons were first used for gunfire spotting during the Civil War, I don't think it was common enough to really be the origin of the phrase. I'd always heard that the "baloon goes up" as a common phrase was from the Brits in WWI.

Must also remember the George Washington Parke Custis, a balloon-carrying barge used by the Union beginning in 1861, and so arguably the first US aircraft carrier.

LTA5G3.jpg

And if the Bears are back, the Bear Aces will have more work to do...

vaw_124_bear_aces_zap.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'm more afraid of them trying to poison me with dioxin or serve me some polonium on rye. Medvedev is Putin's mini-me......

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm more afraid of them trying to poison me with dioxin or serve me some polonium on rye. Medvedev is Putin's mini-me......

I think you are pretty low on their hit list Mumbles........:D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's funny that they're ramping up the May Day parades again at the same time as these exercises, because a parade is damn near all these Biscay sorties are. They look impressive, make lots of noise and smoke, and they give all the folks back home a big patriotic thrill, but it's a looooong way from that to being a no-kidding power-projecting world military force to be reckoned with again.

So I guess I'm saying, keep an eye on the Rooskies, but nobody panic yet. And what the hell, intercepting Bears will be good practice for the shiny new Raptors in Alaska, and us Navy folks can brush up on EMCON procedures.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
They really are pathetic nowadays.......
QUOTE]

Come 'on, at least they are getting out of area...that North Cape crap was booooring for so many years...