• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College Football is back!

supplywife

Adyson Elizabeth born 2/25/2007
It'll get back up and running...Red River Shootout this weekend. Go 'Horns. I HATE THE SOONERS!!!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
#6 Ohio State at #16 Penn State. 7:45 EST ESPN. Gonna be a huge one. The winner has the inside track to the Big Ten title, and anyone who thinks Ohio State is gonna roll, should remember that Penn State ALWAYS plays Ohio State tough at home. Two years ago (when Penn State was on its way to a horrible 3-9 season) the Buckeyes escaped happy valley with a 21-20 win. This year's squad is much better.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thisguy said:
#6 Ohio State at #16 Penn State. 7:45 EST ESPN. Gonna be a huge one. The winner has the inside track to the Big Ten title, and anyone who thinks Ohio State is gonna roll, should remember that Penn State ALWAYS plays Ohio State tough at home. Two years ago (when Penn State was on its way to a horrible 3-9 season) the Buckeyes escaped happy valley with a 21-20 win. This year's squad is much better.

Three words for anyone who thinks OSU has it easy in Happy Valley . . .

THREE. TWO. FOUR . . . :D (Yes, I was there.)

beau

supplywife said:
It'll get back up and running...Red River Shootout this weekend. Go 'Horns. I HATE THE SOONERS!!!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend??? That is pathatic!!! :D I actually have respect for OSU even though I'm a Sooner...I have no respect for Texas because of what kind of team they should be every year with the shear amount of talent they waste.

I really am thinking about driving to Dallas this weekend just to see how Cocky all the Horn fans will be........It really would be classic if the Sooners pull off the upset this weekend....Mack would then almost have to move on...just to get the monkey off his back.....I'm not saying the Horns are going to win, but "ON PAPER" this is the best chance they have had in a while. Lets hope they dont get lazy with an early lead....or not show up to the second half....If there is one game that Fires Up the Sooner Magic-moblie it is the OU/TX game....I hope for a good showing ...from both teams...

GOOOOO SOONERS!!

supplywife

Adyson Elizabeth born 2/25/2007
OK...I really don't HATE the Sooners...I just really like to see them lose. I know that by all means OSU is a long shot team this year anyway, but I am loyal and definitely bleed Orange!!!

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Update for all you Nittany Lions out there...

There is now a tent city in front of the stadium. Its grown from 2 tents on Sunday to more than 40 as of this morning. Joe Paterno and half of the team have come by to visit. Local businesses are donating free food. The cops are ignoring open containers (allegedly...). And its totally insane up there.

The stage for gameday is being built as we speak. Supposedly they're taping Cold Pizza here tomorrow and Woody Paige is going to be at the Lions' Den tonight. I don't know how true that is (that place sucks anyway... I'll be at the Phyrst.)

Student tickets are going for $150+. Just check out the bids on ebay for an idea of what public seats go for.

Anyway if any alumni are in town and want to go to the *unofficial* tailgate shoot me a PM and i'll try and explain how to find it. We'll have beer and... more beer. Tailgating starts around 0800.

For the glory...

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
pennst8 said:
Update for all you Nittany Lions out there...

There is now a tent city in front of the stadium. Its grown from 2 tents on Sunday to more than 40 as of this morning. Joe Paterno and half of the team have come by to visit. Local businesses are donating free food. The cops are ignoring open containers (allegedly...). And its totally insane up there.
Daaaaammmnnnn! I'm having one of those screw-it-all-I-wish-I-was-still-in-college moments. You're doing us proud up there.
pennst8 said:
Student tickets are going for $150+. Just check out the bids on ebay for an idea of what public seats go for.
Hope you remembered to buy your season tickets.
pennst8 said:
Anyway if any alumni are in town and want to go to the *unofficial* tailgate shoot me a PM and i'll try and explain how to find it. We'll have beer and... more beer. Tailgating starts around 0800.

For the glory...
Wish I could take a jet up there and join in. This looks to be the most insane football game since we beat Nebraska in '02. Have fun. And, um, if we win, no riots this time. Pretty please . . .

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
nittany03 said:
Daaaaammmnnnn! I'm having one of those screw-it-all-I-wish-I-was-still-in-college moments. You're doing us proud up there.
We're debating the merits of camping out friday vs. trying to get on Gameday in the morning and tailgating all afternoon. Right now tailgating is winning by a slight margin and don't worry, we are living up to Penn State's reputation.:D

Look for a group of Mids on Cold Pizza tomorrow morning... they're supposedly shooting here around 0800. We'll stand out because of the haircuts.

nittany03 said:
Wish I could take a jet up there and join in. This looks to be the most insane football game since we beat Nebraska in '02. Have fun. And, um, if we win, no riots this time. Pretty please . . .
Nuck Febraska!

We just got lectured at lab about being smart this weekend. Apparently SDBs + beaver canyon don't mix. I sure as hell won't be in uniform and if there's something bad going on everyone knows its time to run like hell. Especially since the police have added even more cameras to spy on the drunk students.:(

If you do by chance jet up here for a future game this season shoot me a PM and I'll try and score tickets before the price goes through the roof. We still make 4/C work most of the games so there's always someone in the unit looking to unload one.

Well its Thursday night... Off to the Phyrst... if only we got activity points for being in the Mug Club.:icon_zbee

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Ohio State at Penn State 1997 - PSU 31-27
Ohio State at Penn State 1999 - PSU 23-10
Ohio State at Penn State 2001 - PSU 29-27
Ohio State at Penn State 2003 - OSU 21-20

I like our chances...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Thisguy said:

I like our chances...

I'll take OSU for 500 trabeck...

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thisguy said:

I like our chances...

Missed the best one . . .
Penn State at Ohio State 1994 - PSU 63-14. Of course it was at the Horseshoe.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Well, Wisconsin plays Northwestern tomorrow should win that one. Then onto Minnesota for the axe (which we currently have :D:D). BTW, watching the Wisconsin/Michigan game live and presenting the colors pregame is definitely my #1 sporting event ever! Only thing better will be watching a Brewers post season game live (however that one will probably be viewed when I'm qualified for the aarp discounts).

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WOOHOO! 6-0! Pasadena here we come!!!And for those of you who participated in 'Operation Whiteout,' positively inspiring. Looked great on TV, hope to be back for homecoming . . .