• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College Football is back!

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Best game ever. More to follow, need to think about what I can and cannot say on this forum.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
I have no respect for Texas because of what kind of team they should be every year with the shear amount of talent they waste.
Now, now, let's not blame the kids for Mack's coaching mistanks (yes, I spelled that right). ;)
I really am thinking about driving to Dallas this weekend just to see how Cocky all the Horn fans will be........It really would be classic if the Sooners pull off the upset this weekend....Mack would then almost have to move on...just to get the monkey off his back.....I'm not saying the Horns are going to win, but "ON PAPER" this is the best chance they have had in a while. Lets hope they dont get lazy with an early lead....or not show up to the second half....If there is one game that Fires Up the Sooner Magic-moblie it is the OU/TX game....I hope for a good showing ...from both teams...
45-12. What say you, now? :D
HOOK 'EM!!!!

beau

hahaha....shut the **** up!

actually took the drive to dallas this weekend and had a great time inspite of our poor showing in the game. Overall i thought Texas did a good job (as advertise in most respects) in most parts of the game. Vince Young looked unstopable on that first drive and proved his worth from last years failures.

We (OU) made your defense look good with our short comings in our pass game....which was quite obvious to anyone watching the game...so many bad passes...and some dropped passes too. And AD (Peterson) was sidelined most of the game with injury...which didnt help our run game(think he was in for a total of 5 plays in the first half...and non in the second).

There were a couple of very bad calls and a couple of bad no calls against OU at key momentum points in the game.........but that being said I dont think it would have made a differnece in the end.

Texas still has issues.....and I'm not sold for sure on their chances at the Rose bowl. Defensively OU forced some turnovers that would have killed Texas if our Offense could have taken advantage of them.......3 inside Texas's side of the feild (one being an interception called back on a phantom pass interferance call).....OU still Stalled Texas's Offense many times through out the game...against a vetern defense/offense Texas is going to get a Horn in their ass....

Final thoughts....my OU team looks very bad this year in many aspects in which experiance will help solve........Texas is good, but not yet great and may have its best shot at winning a National Title since they blew the chance back the early 80's if....and its a big if...they get their act together and take care of the football.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Fvck.

I'll kill anyone I see wearing a Michigan shirt on college ave tonight. No joke...

Tonight sucks... Lloyd Carr better really reward the refs for all those great calls...:(

We're still in it for the Big 10 Title.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We're still in it for the Big 10 Title.
Which is more than anyone was giving us at the beginning of the season. Blame it on my folks. They called me with 45 seconds left to gloat over us winning only to end up giving me the play-by-play of us losing. Son of a
censored.gif
. . .

nfo2b

Holy crap, who watched that ND-USC game?!?!
What an absolutely fantastic display of college ball. Man, ND came literally within 3 seconds of ending USC's winning streak.
Good stuff.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I think that was BS... f***ing USC:icon_rage caught a huge lucky break at the end of that game.

In other bad news, PSU lost a heartbreaker...

And Florida St. is 5-1:D Good job UVA...

nfo2b

I think that was BS... f***ing USC:icon_rage caught a huge lucky break at the end of that game.
You're telling me! Very true. Still a nail-biter, though. I don't care for either team, but I really wanted to see ND win that one. (And not just so USC would slip from #1 and give up that spot to you-know-who)

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot

Where was the BS lucky break? Ball goes out of bounds=clock stops. ND celebration was warranted, time did run out. The clock should have stopped right away.

Meanwhile in Columbus, my Spartans manage once again to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Not talking about the clock issue... there was another play where the ref made a really s***ty call that set USC up for a score.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Not just that, but Reggie Bush actually pushed Leinart over the goal line. That's illegal in college football. Any flags? No.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Here's the problem I have with the ND game. The clock runs out even though the ball went out of bounds. That is considered the "Call on the field." Ok, maybe the refs screwed up by not stopping the clock, no big deal; you just check the instant replay to find out when and where the ball went out and add the appropriate time to the clock. BUT WAIT!! Pete Carrol requested that there be no instant replay in this game. Therefore, ND should have won. I guess you don't want instant replay unless it specifically gives you a win, eh Petey? I hope the polls Monday reflect that and Texas gets the #1 spot.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard that USC will stand at #1 and the Longhorns will still be at #2 come monday. So sayeth ESPN.