• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Taxi, are you still getting a paycheck? From what I have seen and heard, advocates for the stay at home order are still getting paid.

What ever happened to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”?

Stay at home if you’re at risk or expose somebody at risk.. Let Americans make their own decisions and assess their own risk. If you’re scared of getting the virus by going to the movies/restaurant/store/barber then don’t go!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Could you send me some of those links you are reading. I would love to read them too.
Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but I think you can find them yourself if you search enough. Frankly, I'd have to search myself. I don't save that stuff. I haven't made a point of linking any related stuff because it is only anecdotal at this point. It is clear that in this thread if it isn't a university double blind study authorized by a Harvard PhD or MD it is laughable. And God help you if the link came from anywhere but the NYT, CNN, or PBS. I don't want to contribute to that dialogue. If I throw it out there and people think I am making it up, I don't care. If people think it is repeated witchcraft and nonsense, so what. If they are the least bit interested they can look themselves and arrive at their own opinion.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Bingo.
It’s easy to tell others to stay home when the shutdown doesn’t affect you.

On Facebook almost every person I see pushing the stay home no matter what narrative, as well as shaming those that leave quarantine, are old people (and most of them are retired). Not that they give a shit at all that people’s livelihoods are destroyed, not to mention physical health and mental health consequences as well. Complete denial that anything other than 100% indoor time is ok.

edit: I understand older people are high risk. I am in favor of protecting them. That wasn't the point.

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
On Facebook almost every person I see pushing the stay home no matter what narrative, as well as shaming those that leave quarantine, are old people (and most of them are retired). Not that they give a shit at all that people’s livelihoods are destroyed, not to mention physical health and mental health consequences as well. Complete denial that anything other than 100% indoor time is ok.

edit: I understand older people are high risk. I am in favor of protecting them. That wasn't the point.
Don’t forget about the Karens...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It’s one of the things that can happen. It’s not “the” example of “what happens” just like NYC isn’t the example for most of the country.

Now is not the time for nuance. Broad brush, knee jerk reactions only! If it saves one life!

Edit: I did some very simplistic math, because that's the kind I do best. Just from the 2T stimulus bill, I came out to 33,333,333 bucks per death. Makes me feel kinda cheap that uncle sugar only thinks my ass is worth 400,000 if I buy my organic artisanal heirloom tomato and free range cruelty free chicken farm.

taxi1

pilot
It’s one of the things that can happen. It’s not “the” example of “what happens” just like NYC isn’t the example for most of the country.
It's happened in multiple meatpacking plants across the country, and has resulted in the threat of food shortages and the need to is the Defense Production Act to keep them open (which primarily releases the plant operators from liability?) It was predictable.
Taxi, are you still getting a paycheck? From what I have seen and heard, advocates for the stay at home order are still getting paid.
I am, but I'm not a blanket "stay at home" advocate. I'm also not a "no big deal stay the course" advocate which has resulted in, again, a threat to our food supply. Those people didn't stay at home, but they also weren't properly protected, were they?

Go back upthread, and I've had guys working for me developing PPE for hospitals to include masks and PAPRs. Every employee at these plants should be provided with enough PPE to give high assurance they won't get sick. It's not rocket science that working elbow to elbow in crowded conditions lends itself to viral transmission.

Do you think CAPT Crozier overreacted?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I don't get the "stay inside" part of the narrative. Going outdoors will not get you infected with the virus, unless you're rubbing noses with everyone you meet.

This?

I had to tell my kids the virus isn't the boogieman hiding behind every tree waiting to jump out and "get you". I don't get why people are walking around with masks on or driving with masks (and gloves) on. SMH

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Edit: I did some very simplistic math, because that's the kind I do best. Just from the 2T stimulus bill, I came out to 33,333,333 bucks per death.

What I think is even more crazy, is that 30 million people have filed jobless claims since this pandemic started. There have been 61,000 deaths to date. For every COVID death, 492 people lost their jobs. That’s insane.

D

Deleted member 24525

This?

I had to tell my kids the virus isn't the boogieman hiding behind every tree waiting to jump out and "get you". I don't get why people are walking around with masks on or driving with masks (and gloves) on. SMH
Who is telling people to stay indoors? I haven’t seen that. Maybe in crowded cities where going outside creates a immediate contact with someone-like in Chicago or New York.

Last edited by a moderator: