• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CUBI CAT is BA-A-A-ACK ??

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Haven't really paid attention to this post since I'm up in corpus, and have no desire to visit north mexico ahem...Kingsville, but this project gives me hope. I've been pretty disillusioned with O-Clubs since leaving P-Cola, which was the only time I had any type of decent good time in one. Vance was an AF combined club, so double the bullshit with none of the fun, and the Corpus club is no better. Anyone got suggestions on where the best active base clubs are? Are there any clubs where the boys can get together and enjoy the benefits of not being a swo and liking the finer things in life, like women and beer?

MasterBates

Be glad you HAVE a club. Not all bases are so lucky. Remember, the clubs are what you make of them.

Just going 'The NAS Podunk club blows' won't fix it. Go to your MWR staff with suggestions. They work for you.

Get your COC involved if needed. Go to events.

Your club, use it or lose it.

/oclub pimping

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Haven't really paid attention to this post since I'm up in corpus, and have no desire to visit north mexico ahem...Kingsville,

Oh yeah...Corpus is better...:rolleyes:

Bates is right...it is what you make it. Trust me...we had some good times at the Corpus O'club...and so did alot of other studs, sometimes whining about it to begin with. All it takes is a bit of effort. Besides...what's so much more appealing about the Pel for #$%^ sake???

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Oh yeah...Corpus is better...:rolleyes:

Bates is right...it is what you make it. Trust me...we had some good times at the Corpus O'club...and so did alot of other studs, sometimes whining about it to begin with. All it takes is a bit of effort. Besides...what's so much more appealing about the Pel for #$%^ sake???

This is true, but what do you do when you're the only one interested? I've suggested a few times to my fellow JOs "Hey! Let's hit up the O club. Check it out. I've never been and we should use it or they could take it away" blah blah blah, and I always get shot down.

phrogpilot73

This is true, but what do you do when you're the only one interested? I've suggested a few times to my fellow JOs "Hey! Let's hit up the O club. Check it out. I've never been and we should use it or they could take it away" blah blah blah, and I always get shot down.
Just start going. A lot. If they want to hang with you, they'll eventually come to.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Everyone has to check out the "I bar" at NAS North Island at least once and play some dice with the bartender. She will kick your ass. I keep a "good for one drink" token on my desk.

The big game now is a version of liar's dice, and yes Karen will kick your ass at dice.

A few weeks ago an LCDR from the Kitty Hawk cut down a plane saying "it was in my way." I wasn't there but I heard Karen rose hell. For anyone who knows the 'I' bar rules this was a huge violation.

And yes.... if you are in San Diego you need to make a stop at the 'I' bar.

MasterBates

We got a good chunk of the digging done today. One more day and it should be down to depth, then we need to build the forms and pour concrete.

The jet is nearly done, just needs a proper control stick and paint. If anyone has a stick they can donate, PM me.

Track is ¾ done, and the arresting gear is laid out, just needs assembly.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
maybe in previous posts, but who's picking up the cost for this?

MasterBates

MWR is paying for the materials. Labor is from volunteers.

1st post with new Laptop. Vista is angering me. Downloading the live Kubuntu CD to get this Virus (vista) off my laptop.