• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Okay,
Thanks I texted my OR, and asked the processors what my scores etc. I think I'm going to change my rate. They make it hard to convert but i believe it maybe the issue too. Honestly I'm considering switching branches. But thanks for your help, I just need to think what is my next move, alittle bit of feedback from the processor with help me with my final decision. Thanks again have a good 4th of July weekend
Who did your interviews also matters, you didn't specify what rank they were. O-6s are better than O-4/5s.

RJS

You will start drilling at the NRC (Navy Reserve Center) once you commission and get gained by that NRC, which could take a couple of months.. The NRC's training department will be the ones who get you a seat at ODS and build your orders so you have to start drilling before ODS.

I would recommend after commissioning getting a CAC card and some uniforms (Type 3's). However if you can't it will be fine. I did not get my CAC until the first DWE. Once you get 16 drill periods, or 4 weekends, you can request a $400 uniform allowance to help offset some of the uniform expense. Don't forget about this! Once you have been selected shoot me a PM and we can have a call and I can give you more details.

I am with NCHB13.
@number9 here’s @Rudy.30 response to getting that uniform allowance. Hope this helps.

MC87

Going through the IST process from ANG to USNR (former enlisted Navy) and selected for Supply. How does the BQC-NR course work? I saw on an old post that it was 3 2-week AT's in RI and then the remaining course length was in a "home" setting. Any new BQC-NR graduates with input would be awesome! Thanks!

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Congrats on getting selected. No changes for reservists. If you're lucky, and if they still offer it, some reservists can get selected to attend the AC BQC. That is 5 months in Newport.

Reactions: RJS

MC87

Congrats on getting selected. No changes for reservists. If you're lucky, and if they still offer it, some reservists can get selected to attend the AC BQC. That is 5 months in Newport.
Thanks for the info! Are the 3 2-week sessions back-to-back or are they broken up into different months?

TheClyde

Thanks for the info! Are the 3 2-week sessions back-to-back or are they broken up into different months?
Six months in between, which is when you do the at home learning. Session A currently has two start choices, March or August, and the add 6 and 6 is from there to determine when sessions B and C would be for you.

Rudy.30

They are not offering this at the moment. Could change but I doubt it.

KCRUZ1

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kenneth, and I'm a prior service. Served on active duty in the Marines for seven years from 2013-2021. Honorable discharge as an E-5/Sergeant. I made the hard decision to transition out of the military so I can take a mental and physical break that comes with military service. Fast forward to 2022, and I am pursuing my bachelor's in History from Arizona State University and I'm projected to graduate by Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.

I have aspirations of becoming an officer in the U.S. military and I want to be a commissioned officer in the US Navy Reserves. My MOS in the Marines was Supply, and I have held multiple billets and leadership roles while I was on active duty. I want to shoot my shot of being a Supply Corps officer for I believe I have the credentials and military background of being selected for this role.

I am entirely new to this, and I have done my research by checking the pubs in myNavyHr for requirements of being a Reserve Supply Officer. I could use additional advice from the Officer and applicant community to guide me in the right direction.

I want to join the military again by enlisting in the Navy Reserves but I think that by doing that, that could hurt my chances/options on transitioning from enlisted to officer. I've seen posts on social media and online forums that suggest that it's best to get your degree first, then apply for commission.

Any advice for this Marine hard charger who wishes to be in the Navy?

Thanks in advance!

TheClyde

@KCRUZ1 #1 don't refer to yourself as a Marine hard charger.

The common wisdom is that if you want to go officer, go officer. However in your case I think there are a few things to keep in mind. #1, since you don't have a degree yet, you can't go officer right now. #2, as prior enlisted the initial time commitment re-enlisting is not quite as much as it would be for a non-prior. So some of the standard reasons not to enlist are not quite as apt in your situation. That being said, what is your motivation for enlisting. If you just desire to be in the military, or would like the benefits, ok. If it's to get a leg up on an officer package, I would say don't bother, there's better things you could be doing with your time.

As far as strengthening your officer package, #1 get good grades and take on leadership and volunteer roles. Understand all the components of the officer package, particularly the motivational statement. Be able to clearly clearly articulate why you want to be a Navy reserve officer and in the supply corps, as well as what you bring that makes you a valuable asset. Finally, start networking with reserve supply officers. Their knowledge is invaluable.

Hope this helps.

KCRUZ1

@KCRUZ1 #1 don't refer to yourself as a Marine hard charger.

The common wisdom is that if you want to go officer, go officer. However in your case I think there are a few things to keep in mind. #1, since you don't have a degree yet, you can't go officer right now. #2, as prior enlisted the initial time commitment re-enlisting is not quite as much as it would be for a non-prior. So some of the standard reasons not to enlist are not quite as apt in your situation. That being said, what is your motivation for enlisting. If you just desire to be in the military, or would like the benefits, ok. If it's to get a leg up on an officer package, I would say don't bother, there's better things you could be doing with your time.

As far as strengthening your officer package, #1 get good grades and take on leadership and volunteer roles. Understand all the components of the officer package, particularly the motivational statement. Be able to clearly clearly articulate why you want to be a Navy reserve officer and in the supply corps, as well as what you bring that makes you a valuable asset. Finally, start networking with reserve supply officers. Their knowledge is invaluable.

Hope this helps.
Thank you @TheClyde for passing on the knowledge and wisdom. I'll take your advice to heart especially with the first statement: "Marine hard charger". I knew that was gonna turn some heads.

My reason for enlisting again is for the benefits and add on to my retirement points. But also, I hope to gain additional credentials, or experience so I add it to an officer package? I just want to be as competitive as hell when I put in that officer package.

As you mentioned, keys to strengthening my officer package is good grades, taking on leadership and volunteer roles, getting some knowledge in about the package and of course making a statement as to why I want to be a Navy Reserve Officer and what I can bring to the table to being a valuable asset in the Navy.

I'll take this shared wisdom and work on the things I need work on. Thank you! I really appreciate for taking the time to reply to my post.

Hope you have a great day! Take care!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello Everyone!

My name is Kenneth, and I'm a prior service. Served on active duty in the Marines for seven years from 2013-2021. Honorable discharge as an E-5/Sergeant. I made the hard decision to transition out of the military so I can take a mental and physical break that comes with military service. Fast forward to 2022, and I am pursuing my bachelor's in History from Arizona State University and I'm projected to graduate by Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.

I have aspirations of becoming an officer in the U.S. military and I want to be a commissioned officer in the US Navy Reserves. My MOS in the Marines was Supply, and I have held multiple billets and leadership roles while I was on active duty. I want to shoot my shot of being a Supply Corps officer for I believe I have the credentials and military background of being selected for this role.

I am entirely new to this, and I have done my research by checking the pubs in myNavyHr for requirements of being a Reserve Supply Officer. I could use additional advice from the Officer and applicant community to guide me in the right direction.

I want to join the military again by enlisting in the Navy Reserves but I think that by doing that, that could hurt my chances/options on transitioning from enlisted to officer. I've seen posts on social media and online forums that suggest that it's best to get your degree first, then apply for commission.

Any advice for this Marine hard charger who wishes to be in the Navy?

Thanks in advance!

Most Reserve/DCO Supply Candidates have masters degrees (ideally finance/business - related), others often have a business - focused or STEM degree. Not history...

Most candidates have about 10-15+ "work" experience, whether that's civilian, military or both.

Not saying you won't be selected, but you background is nowhere near being a competitive candidate.

Finally, being that you were a Marine... do you have a VA disability? Anything over 30% is often DQ and during my history in recruiting, most Army/Marine folks I talked to would be DQ'd because of that.

KCRUZ1

Most Reserve/DCO Supply Candidates have masters degrees (ideally finance/business - related), others often have a business - focused or STEM degree. Not history...

Most candidates have about 10-15+ "work" experience, whether that's civilian, military or both.

Not saying you won't be selected, but you background is nowhere near being a competitive candidate.

Finally, being that you were a Marine... do you have a VA disability? Anything over 30% is often DQ and during my history in recruiting, most Army/Marine folks I talked to would be DQ'd because of that.
Hello @FormerRecruitingGuru. Thank you for the info. I have a zero percent VA disability rating. Supply is my top choice when I apply but I am open to other Navy Officer roles that best fits my resume and background. I am checking the PA on all other Reserve Officer designators. I'm exploring all my options because I really want to commission as an officer after I get my bachelor's. I'll exhaust all means of resources before I decide to eventually enlist in the Navy, work my tail off and apply to be an Officer as an enlisted Sailor, If all else fails, I'll keep trying but if circumstances prevent me from being an Officer, I'll proudly to serve work my way up to being a Chief and retire at 20 years.

I have no issues with going enlisted for I was enlisted myself but I really do believe I have officer potential. On paper, I'll admit that I'll be outshined by other applicants with master's degrees and over 10 plus years of work experience, but what I can bring to the table are the intangibles, the traits and qualities of being a leader. With at least 8 years of leadership experience, leading Marines, I have something that most of these applicants won't have: the drive and dedication to accomplish the mission, and of course troop welfare. I have experienced many shortfalls as a non-commissioned officer but that doesn't stop me from taking of my Marines and getting the job done.