• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dip in the cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Chiefs?? Navy Chiefs ?? NAVY CPO's ?!?!?!?

They can do whatever they want --- unless this is a different Navy than the one I served in ..... ;)

/threadjack/Yeah Ya'll are terrified of your Chiefs for some reason. It make the boys in Green kinda laugh but then it kinda pisses us off sometimes too.
Picture if you will a late night on USS Boat as the Os who are on the night page descend on midrats looking for hearty or at least satisfying meal. What should appear but buttered noodles and PB&J. Ok no big deal, but as we sit eating our slop comteplating our mess bill. We smell somehting good being cooked. We are saved lets go investigate that we thought. The grill is up there is chicken and peppers we are saved we rejoiced. When asking the messman about it we get "The Chief wanted Fajitas" Yeah well the guys who pay 300.00 a month for chow want fajitas too and went ot the back office and let the chief know about it. I think it blew his mind that an O-3 would call him on something like that.
/threadjack/

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Point 1: Good, you are capable of learning and adapting .....you will be a survivor.....

Point 2: They are gay/insecure/NROTC/JNROTC and not going to screen for command in Naval Aviation ..... or they will after you are flying for the airlines and you will not care ....

I resent this comment, I'm an NROTC commission and I think the combo cover sucks! :icon_tong

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
A4sForever said:
Point 1: Good, you are capable of learning and adapting .....you will be a survivor.....

Point 2: They are gay/insecure/NROTC/JNROTC and not going to screen for command in Naval Aviation ..... or they will after you are flying for the airlines and you will not care ....

What are you talking about?!? where in the world do you get that wearing a combo cover with khakis is a ROTC thing?

However, maybe I missed something or rfailed to read between the lines, but this seems to be grade A BS.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I resent this comment, I'm an NROTC commission and I think the combo cover sucks! :icon_tong

nrotc.gif
I feel your pain ..... I'm ROT-C, also, Younger Brother .... some still say I am gay/insecure/NROTC/JNROTC, but I did screen and got something for it, and some still say I suck.

DSC00368.JPG
DSC00461.JPG
DSC00380.JPG

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
bch said:
What are you talking about?!? where in the world do you get that wearing a combo cover with khakis is a ROTC thing?

However, maybe I missed something or rfailed to read between the lines, but this seems to be grade A BS.

Jesus Christ .... it's a JOKE !!! Stand at ease, LTJG .... and throttle back. Sigh ..... Man, there's so much hate in the world ..... :)

(can we turn this into a firearms forum, now ... ?? :) )

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can we get a sarcasm button to help the humor challenged.
This is what happens when ready room banter goes online without the corresponding facial expressions

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I don't get this one. How does a SWO get issued flight gear?

Fly .... all you gotta' do is know the right people. Get to know the boys/girls in supply ... or the "loft" ... I once had three (3) leather and two (2) green nylon flight jackets for "bartering" purposes. It provides a good incentive to get to know the troops ..... ;)

Acoustix99

pilot
3 leather? I'm a few months away from winging and still can't seem to get a leather jacket..........

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:

wearing the dip will be hard to do. I may some day work up the energy to lift my had to the top of my head and press down on the back of my garrison cover (it takes a great deal of motivation for me to put the thing on to begin with). But, i see the light!

Our squadron allows the wearing of squadron ball caps. Some of our JO's do this with their respective bar(s) in the middle of the cap. It throws people for a loop when those JO's are wearing their jackets so you can't see the shoulder insignia and you have a hard time seeing the hat insignia - lots of confusion. I haven't bought a squadron hat yet, but i've been thinking of it. So, here's my question:

Squadron Ball caps for O's, good, bad, don't care? Weigh in!

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
zab1001 said:
In yet another attempt to keep morale low, the powers that be decided to require khakis on Monday...

hehe, that happened at my squadron. It was like that for the first few months I was here. Then we had a change of command and our new skipper rescinded that order. Moral has improved noticeably. I'm sure it is more than just the "bags all the time" thing, our skipper is just that great a leader, but not wearing khakis on Monday's has been awesome. When i'm in khakis i feel like i've done something wrong!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmmm a little known trick for off going COs is to implement a stupid policy like that in the twilight of their tenure so the new CO shows up says this is dumb and cancells it thus looking like a good guy and popular with the troops. I have seen this done a coupl of times.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
PropStop said:
Squadron Ball caps for O's, good, bad, don't care? Weigh in!

You have a lot of questions for such a young man :)) ).... but, YES, by all means -- go the squadron ball cap routine. Who cares on a Navy base --- but overseas and/or aboard a USAF base ...... OOOOoooooooohhhhhhhhh .......... Yes, YES, YEA-ASSS !!!

(p.s. and for those few who don't know ... we're still being kinda' tounge-in-cheek here ... (can I say tongue on this forum?).

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:
but, YES, by all means -- go the squadron ball cap routine. Who cares on a Navy base --- but overseas and/or aboard a USAF base ...... OOOOoooooooohhhhhhhhh .......... Yes, YES, YEA-ASSS !!![/b]

does it piss off the Airforce types when you do this? it would break my heart to cause them any discomfort....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
PropStop said:
does it piss off the Airforce types when you do this? it would break my heart to cause them any discomfort....

Red_Flag_Logo_med.jpg
Well, I'm old, experienced, crumudgeonly, and full of "grade A - B.S." --- so some say --- but squadron ball-caps used to cause the AF types to notice and/or go fish-eyed when we showed up on their ramp for transient fuel. And don't even get me started about the ramp/squadron spaces @ Red Flag @ Nellis .... Ohhhh, YES !!

What have you got to lose??? It is always a good day when a Naval Aviator can give a rash to an AF type --- and without even touching him.

(edit: spelling --- I hate it when I misspell "B.S." :icon_wink )

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Red_Flag_Logo_med.jpg
Well, I'm old, experienced, crumudgeonly, and full of "grade A - B.S." --- so some say --- but squadron ball-caps used to cause the AF types to notice and/or go fish-eyed when we showed up on their ramp for transient fuel. And don't even get me started about the ramp/squadron spaces @ Red Flag @ Nellis .... Ohhhh, YES !!

What have you got to lose??? It is always a good day when a Naval Aviator can give a rash to an AF type --- and without even touching him.

(edit: spelling --- I hate it when I misspell "B.S." :icon_wink )
Don't get you started? Don't get ME started about Red Flag! ;)

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.